Innovations (förder) country Germany?
Andrea Nahles, Federal Minister of Labor and chairwoman of the working group "Working 4.0", visited German companies this year, who have found innovative solutions for the working world of the future. She also sought dialogue with it Company and the public on the challenges listed in the Green Paper "Working 4.0".
So the Federal Minister of Labor also made station at Microsoft in Unterschleißheim. The company had concluded an operating agreement with the trust center and thus met the challenges of the changing world of work.
Influence of the working environment on motivation and creativity
While it is necessary for employees not only to choose their home office as a trusted place of work, but also to provide a variety of working environments in the office. But with the step of allowing employees to choose where they work, Microsoft is one of the companies that has recognized the impact of the work environment on employee motivation and creativity.
These, in turn, are indispensable for innovations that make the company successful in international competition. Many companies overlook the link between innovation and the spatial design of the workplace. Innovation is a very physical activity: it is dependent on human interactions, research and experiments. This means that spaces in which people come together play an essential role in the innovation results.
5 Tips for the design of innovation-promoting working environments:
- Innovations follow from creative and efficient teamwork: For this reason, it is necessary to create areas for collaboration in which employees can exchange, work in a concentrated manner, but can also simply entertain them without any problems. Often, the sparking spark for innovation arises from informal exchange.
- Innovation processes require technical support: Intuitively utilizing technological tools that enable equal access to information and simplify sharing, contribute to making the innovation process more transparent and faster.
- Undisturbed individual work and efficient teamwork: While co-operation is at the core of an innovation process, areas of adequate privacy are essential as they offer workers the opportunity to retreat, to reflect intensively and to mature ideas.
- Creative collaboration mainly takes place in small groups: Thus, there must be project studios of varying sizes that support teams and their needs. Knowledge is shared, developed together and used to create innovative ideas and concepts. Because teams work differently, they should be able to choose from a variety of furniture configurations, creative work equipment and technical solutions.
- Elimination of uneven presences: A big challenge for global companies like Steelcase is to bring together collaborating teams that do not work in the same location. However, distance is not a barrier, rather the diversity of ideas grows through differences within teams. The goal is therefore to network teams virtually so that "unequal presences" are best eliminated.
Increase efficiency and innovation
Numerous studies show that an efficient work environment can support the creativity of employees and thus influence the company's innovative power. Intelligently designed workspaces can inspire employees to inspire and exchange ideas, but also help to structure thoughts and content.
In addition, good ideas and unexpected interactions can be promoted in suitable premises; at the same time, employees develop a better understanding of their own ideas and sharpen their sense of the connections. A well-planned workplace can help to connect global teams better and thus increase the performance of the individual or a group and thus the innovation of the entire company.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).