Creativity is a process
The global challenges facing us demand that all of us take full advantage of our creative potential to solve these challenges, to network and generate new ideas.
By far not only musicians or artists are creative, but everyone. Because creativity is a process that everyone goes through several times a day and that Company should support.
Promote creative thinking while working
Organizations need creative minds to grow and innovate. Many employees especially want creative, meaningful work. But even if this desire exists, many companies still do not think holistically when they invest in space and technologies. As a result, creative work is not optimally supported.
Privately, we use smartphones, tablets and Co. as a matter of course - in companies, however, shows an 2: 1 ratio of fixed to mobile technologies. A recent study shows that more flexibility would increase our motivation.
Companies need innovative and agile employees
After all, it is the particularly satisfied and committed employees who go the extra mile for their company - and thus decisively contribute to its success. A recent study shows that the more comfortable employees feel at work, the more dedicated they are.
Employee engagement is a topic that employs entrepreneurs worldwide. Because in order to succeed in an increasingly complex and difficult-to-assess, economic climate and be successful, organizations need agile, innovative and productive - in short: dedicated - employees. But these employees are rare. Only a third of average workers worldwide are motivated. In Germany, for example, only 12 percent of them claim to be highly motivated, as a study by Steelcase and Ipsos shows.
What does this mean for the workplace of the future?
In the future, companies need to reconcile workplace strategies and technology solutions to support employees and give them the greatest flexibility in how they work. On the one hand, this includes the availability of mobile technologies, such as laptops and smartphones, which give employees more choice about where they want to work: whether in the office, on the road or in the work café.
On the other hand, the office spaces must be designed in such a way that, depending on the current task, different workstations are available, between which employees can choose flexibly. This includes places for concentrated individual work, larger workspaces for teams, separate retreats and areas for social and informal exchange. Both strategies combine flexible workspaces, which promote the commitment and satisfaction of employees!
5 "Creative Spaces" at a glance
But what should be the ideal workplace of the present and the future? Five ideal creative spaces for working at a glance:
- Focus: To be able to work creatively, employees need to be able to withdraw for focused and focused work. At the same time there should be the possibility to exchange quickly with a second person. Important: Ideas must be created before they are shared with others.
- Dialogue: Working in pairs is also an essential part of creative work. It is important that the workplace equally supports the work as a couple and alone. Helpful here is a lounge area that invites others to a brief creative exchange or to relax.
- Tech Hub: This is a high-tech environment that invites active and democratic participation in the creative process. Ideas can be elaborated in more detail using modern technology and shared with colleagues on site or remotely.
- Maker Studio: Idea exchange and rapid prototyping are essential components of creative work. This environment should be designed to support the rapid exchange between exchange, experimentation and concentration.
- Retreat : In the course of creative work, our brain goes through various phases. Active group work alternates with individual work and individual thinking. This private retreat room allows relaxed body posture and a little distraction.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).