Work site independent - there are many advantages!
The fact that our work is becoming increasingly independent is obvious to many. Large companies promote home office and many freelancers and freelancers already use the opportunities to work from home or to relocate their jobs.
If you're already starting to move to and from work, such as the office and home office, or co-working space, wifi café, and home office, you'll probably know the effect of changing places.
Chances of independent work
The location independence of our work offers many opportunities, such as adapting the place of work to the type of work. For conceptual activities, the quiet home office can be ideal. For phases in which we Feedback need the co-working space or the office better. On other days, the busy atmosphere of a Wifi café can be the right one.
However, there are also much more diverse options. If you can do your work from anywhere, why not go where others go on vacation?
Risks and uncertainties in the implementation of location independence
In discussions with entrepreneurs, freelancers and employees, I have found that the new flexibility is rarely used as far as it would be possible.
One important reason for this are numerous uncertainties that occur in particular when relocating workplaces abroad (for example to Southern Europe in winter).
The following questions are frequently asked:
- How do I manage to reduce the many personal meetings in order to be able to start at all?
- I do not want all of my customers to know where I am. How can I continue to be available on a local number, even though I am abroad?
- How can I ensure that I have all the essential documents available?
- How can I make sure I have a good infrastructure with very good Wifi and very good mobile network?
- Will I be as productive as I am at home or will I be more distracted?
- How can I avoid being surrounded by tourists? Where can I find a good working atmosphere at holiday resorts?
10 Steps to implement site-independent work
But what advantages does location-independent work have in general? Since these are not clear to everyone, I would like to summarize here the advantages of a job change.
- Outbreak from everyday life: Not only moving the workplace within a city, but moving to another country will multiply that effect many times over. Personally, I appreciate the contrast between city and landscape. The sea view inspires me the most.
- Promote creativity: Looking at the sea or the mountains, my experience also opens up the thoughts and encourages much more creativity and vision. Through a new environment you gain new perspectives, which you can transfer to your work.
- No more distraction by small things: In the usual working environment there is an enemy - the daily small, urgent things that keep us from the really important tasks. In the usual environment, it is more difficult to hide distractions easily.
- Higher focus and productivity: Once you have the feeling and actual distance between you and the whole small everyday tasks, you will experience a new kind of focus.
- Focus on the important things: It will be much easier to focus on the important things that bring you closer to your goals and hide the distracting little (seemingly?) Urgent things. This will make you more productive in the creation of new ideas and the implementation of long-standing important tasks.
- Improvement of the quality of life: If you like to travel, you can achieve a much higher quality of life. Now it is not only possible to get to know new places in short vacation intervals, but you can integrate the travel into your everyday life. Expansion of the network and winning international customers.
- Tackle new projects: I was able to do this together with a group of freelancers and entrepreneurs, with whom I spent two weeks together in Spain last summer as part of the Sunny Office project. Four completely new projects were conceived and launched.
- Other perspectives: When combining travel and normal working life, you will get to know a city much more in the eyes of a local than on a pure holiday trip.
- Expansion of the network: Another advantage of relocating the workplace in other regions and countries is that you can expand your personal network very easily. You may already have clients abroad and can meet them personally on your trip.
- Winning international customers: Or you research in advance interesting cooperation partners and potential customers, with whom you can arrange appointments. Co-working spaces in your destinations are also a good aspect, because you can get to know local entrepreneurs and freelancers with mostly extensive local networks.
I hope that you will soon be able to take advantage of your location independence and that you can implement your first “work vacation” step by step.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960749
English version: ISBN 9783965960756 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).