5 for strength
- Proactivity. Willful people will not be able to solve problems or repress them. They pack immediately or work so well that it often does not come to the problem.
- Persistent focus. They focus on what needs to be done - no matter what motivation, disabilities or obstacles. They can not be distracted.
- Mood Management. Strong-willed people actively and sympathetically process the inevitable feelings of frustration during setbacks (trendy keyword: self-compassion), which is why they are in a good mood at the decisive moment.
- Assertiveness. Implementation experts identify resistance, setbacks and problems not as catastrophes and failures but as challenges. That's why they stay tuned.
- impulse control. Strong-willed people do not fall victim to sudden impulses ("Oh, has no value anyway!"), Distractions, temptations, internal struggles or turmoil.
The will is always there
The good thing about this catalog is that each of these five wills can be trained. Consider, for example, the last, the impulse control.
When we want something, but do not do it, we do not suffer from a "weak will", but - roughly speaking - from two wills: one wants it and the other does not.
When the impulse controls us
Jasmine should definitely talk with her boss, she wants it on the other hand. On the other hand, she does not want to risk a racist. This impulse deters them from the clarifying pronunciation - unconsciously.
The impulse controls them - instead of vice versa. So she is torn inside and pinched. So long until she becomes aware of the unconscious will killer. Then he loses his power. Jasmin says:
Two souls in one breast
"On the one hand I want a reduction of my workload - on the other hand I fear the anger of my boss. So I just say no, that he can not be angry with me! "
Goethe's "two souls live, alas, in my breast" can not weaken your will if you let them both negotiate. This is also called inner dialogue.
Always in a good mood
Nothing weakens the will faster than lousy mood. Even the feeling "I have to do that now!" Is poison for the thirst for action. Simple trick from the Mood Management (so 3.): Replace "I must!" With "I want!"
Nonsense? Yes, if you are reading this. That does not work either. You should say that. Pick an unloved task and just say stubbornly, for example:
The will as a muscle
"I want to talk to the difficult customer!" Do not think! Just say it in a low voice. And repeat. Ten, twelve, twenty times.
Watch the effect: the will is a muscle. The more often you do sit-ups, the more well-defined your abs will be. It does not matter what you think: the main thing is enough repetitions. Just say enough "I want!" - and you really want to.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).