From the author:
Learning from Michelangelo and Einstein
In his book "Success Secret Creativity", the author and ex-officer Michael Michalko explains what can be learned from Michelangelo, Einstein and Co. He does not present any recipes, but rather presents approaches and methods. The whole book is about how to find different angles. "Seeing it right" and finding the right perspective in this world is what this is about.
To be more precise: Michael Michalko calls the art of combining as the most important tool of creativity and takes Gregor Mendel as an example. This monk from Austria combined two completely different fields of knowledge, biology and mathematics, and developed the laws of heredity, creating the basis of modern genetics.
There are many other famous examples of the success of the combination. Michael Michalko also mentions the example of Samuel Morse, the inventor of telegraphic signals, who had his idea when he observed relay stations for horses. Morse saw how the horses were changed, and thought that telegraphic signals also sometimes needed an energy boost.
Michael Michalko also quotes the well-known formula E = mc 2 and explains that Einstein has not discovered energy, mass or speed of light. But Einstein invented the theory of relativity. The "mashups" that enrich our digital world, for example the inclusion of Google Maps in our own website, are nothing more than the combination of already existing contents.
Combine intuition and ratio
The spin doctor combines consciously intuitive and rational thinking. He knows the limits of reason and calculations. He also thinks a lot with his belly, whose wisdom he gradually learned to respect. He noted that rationality is more appropriate for problems of low complexity.
The willingness to combine things imaginatively is part of the spin doctor. He can not be a cold thinking machine, he should always be open. The spin doctor likes to establish a relationship between things and constantly tries different variations. He interweaves ideas and thoughts in various combinations and also sees the world as a network of interconnected concepts and people.
Endless combination possibilities
Maybe he lacks the time, but the possibilities of the combinations are endless for him. For him, creativity is about forging new relationships and staying away from traditional ways of thinking. He makes comparisons with other areas and looks for differences and similarities.
The spin doctor does not try to find out anything about a situation or a question of dispute, he only tries to concentrate on the core factors and combines them. To paraphrase Bertrand Russell's words about philosophy: spin-doctoring may reduce the certainties of how something is, but increases the possibilities of how something might be. 6 Tips for implementation:
6 success tips from the spin doctor
- Be especially careful with people who repeatedly swear political power games not wanting to play. It is precisely those who are very skillful and hiding carefully develop and mercilessly pursue their micro-political tactics.
- Recognize your exact position in the implicit organizational chart of power and respect this in word. It is always better to know who sits above and who is below to understand the different sensitivities and to act more purposefully.
- Your allies are more important than your ideas. It really does not help you to develop the best ideas if they do not get the adjusted coalition on their feet and get the adequate back cover. First clan, then plan.
- Avoiding booing is the main part of your profession. Your reputation is your biggest asset and needs to be protected as customers and colleagues communicate 24 / 7 / 365. Do not let your being be jeopardized by appearances. And if necessary, have a little pig.
- Try to spend time with people who have shaped your industry. These have a lot of experience and know-how. They are also looking for a broad supporter. Meet with pensioners in your industry. They are looking for a place in history. And they have time and desire to tell everything.
- Read as much as you can. You need to know everything that moves your industry. Never forget that you are convinced by their precise knowledge. Make all contacts dependent on it. It's not about knowing something better, but always knowing a bit more.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).