Which content belongs to your own website?
Core activities and communicative gems always belong to their own presences. On external sites, the whereabouts of content is never secure because the operator of the platform dictates the rules there. Unannounced, he can change it at any time. This can ruin a lot of work from one day to the next. In addition, a platform can quickly disappear from the scene again.
In a well-maintained content area, often called content hub, matching content can be presented clearly. In addition, you can also place third-party content there: interviews, guest articles, field reports, study results, surveys, latest industry news and so on. In this case we speak of Content Curation. Copyrights and labeling requirements are to be observed.
Competence center of the industry
Anyone who is constantly expanding such a knowledge platform will eventually become a center of excellence in the industry. This not only improves the Google ranking, it also brings significantly more traffic. Anyone who stays longer on your site because he finds many useful things, then buys there.
Or a prospect registers and downloads an attractive piece of content that you offer. With such an opt-in you now have permission to dialogue. Because there is always something going on on your website, people like coming back. And because your web presence is extremely useful, it's recommended.
But what does content have to offer to be shared and shared? 3 tips:
- Pictures and Videos: On the Web, photos show the ranking of the most popular redistribution content, as various studies show. Because pictures can be captured quickly. They burn themselves. They also work without words, so also internationally. And they trigger emotions - especially when they tell a story as a photo gallery. Videos are second, often first in the younger generation ("We all only watch YouTube.").
- Text and headings: But what about texts? Texts are fundamentally difficult for our brains. That's why a well-written headline is so important. She's curious about more. A clever picture, matching the text, is virtually indispensable. Otherwise decides the utility. Texts from recognized experts are often even forwarded, without having read them yourself.
- Infographics infographics: are used with great success for viral action, very often in addition to a text. Torsten Panzer comments: "Good infographics magically attract the attention of Internet users when their content is particularly surprising or informative. In addition, consumers love numbers and statistics - provided they are visually appealing. They are very much in keeping with the desire of the human brain for entertainment, but also for reducing complexity. "
Some content is so strong that interested parties visit the respective provider platforms. The pullt, you could say. So he attracts. Other content beads slumber in eternal slumber because no prince finds and kisses them. Many content must therefore be actively marketed and promoted in order to reach a necessary reach.
Viralization is then spoken. After the actual kick-off, however, hardly any influence can be taken on which way the campaign good ultimately goes. Furthermore, it can usually not be predicted with certainty whether the message takes a positive or a negative direction.
The effects that are triggered by the spreading, develop a high momentum, so to speak, a life of its own. They are neither plannable nor taxable - and they can not be stopped anymore. That makes things exciting, but at the same time sometimes dangerous. Because, as with a real virus, tampering and uncontrolled mutations can occur through manipulation, reversing the original goal of a campaign.
Content Seeding: How to Overcome the Tipping Point
Virality can not be "made" but only created the conditions. The basic conditions are high quality and relevance. Crucial for success are the organic retransmission, the rapid achievement of a critical mass and the overcoming of the so-called tipping point, from which an action becomes a self-perpetuator.
2 tips for content seeding
As many people as possible should spread the message to more than one person. To manage this, a strategic first placement is extremely important. This process is called seeding. There are two variants:
- Targeted Seeding: Well-connected people are specifically targeted here. For this purpose, both own addresses (press, partners, employees, customers, etc.) can be used as well as webaffine multipliers and opinion leaders, so-called influencers, are addressed. The first listeners should have credibility, influence and above all good contacts in the targeted audience.
- Touchpoint Seeding: Here you use both your own and foreign online touchpoints (website, blogs, social media platforms, etc.), so that the piece of content spreads. If a content campaign is picked up and accompanied by the media, it can quickly gain fame and thus a high advertising impact. Such good fortune, for example, has unusual promotional videos, called "virals", quite often.
Buy Spread: 3 Tips
In almost all viral campaigns, the initial distribution is purchased financially. There are plenty of ways to increase the chances of success of content material if necessary.
- Native Advertising: Native Advertising, Advertorials and Sponsored Posts are included.
- Influencer Marketing: Matching content can also be distributed via influencers, seed partners and other professional distributors
- Partner Programs: A third option is to involve partner programs or affiliate system operators in foreign newsletters and present them on portals.
Conclusion: no limits
As you can see, there are no limits to the possibilities of disseminating texts. And now you can start.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).