Which content belongs to your own website?
Core activities and communicative gems always belong to their own presences. On external sites, content retention is never secure because the platform operator dictates the rules there. Unannounced, he can change it at any time. This can ruin a lot of work from one day to the next. In addition, a platform can quickly disappear from the scene again.
In a well-maintained content area, often called content hub, matching content can be presented clearly. In addition, you can also place third-party content there: interviews, guest articles, field reports, study results, surveys, latest industry news and so on. In this case we speak of Content Curation. Copyrights and labeling requirements are to be observed.
Competence center of the industry
Anyone who is constantly expanding such a knowledge platform will eventually become a center of excellence in the industry. This not only improves the Google ranking, it also brings significantly more traffic. If you spend more time on your site because you can find many useful things there, you will buy there as well.
Or a prospect registers and downloads an attractive piece of content that you offer. With such an opt-in you now have permission to dialogue. Because there is always something going on on your website, people like coming back. And because your web presence is extremely useful, we recommend it.
But what does content have to offer to be shared and shared? 3 tips:
- Pictures and Videos: On the web, photos top the list of the most popular distribution content, as various studies show. Because pictures can be captured quickly. You brand yourself. They also work without words, i.e. internationally. And they trigger emotions - especially when they tell a story as a series of pictures. Videos are in second place, often in first place in the young generation (“We all just watch YouTube.”).
- Text and headings: But what about texts? Texts are fundamentally difficult for our brains. That's why a well-written headline is so important. She's curious about more. A clever picture, matching the text, is virtually indispensable. Otherwise decides the utility. Texts from recognized experts are often even forwarded, without having read them yourself.
- Infographics infographics: are used with great success for viral measures, very often in addition to a text. Torsten Panzer: “Good infographics magically attract the attention of Internet users when their content is particularly surprising or informative. In addition, consumers love numbers and statistics - provided they are presented in a visually appealing way. They meet the human brain’s desire for entertainment, but also for reducing complexity. ”
Some content is so strong that interested parties visit the respective provider platforms. The pullt, you could say. So he attracts. Other content beads slumber in eternal slumber because no prince finds and kisses them. Many content must therefore be actively marketed and promoted to gain the necessary reach.
Viralization is then spoken. After the actual kick-off, however, it is hardly possible to influence which path the campaign material ultimately takes. Furthermore, it can usually not be predicted with certainty whether the message takes a positive or a negative direction.
The effects that are triggered by the spreading, develop a high momentum, so to speak, a life of its own. They are neither plannable nor taxable - and they can not be stopped anymore. That makes things exciting, but at the same time sometimes dangerous. Because, as with a real virus, tampering and uncontrolled mutations can occur through manipulation, reversing the original goal of a campaign.
Content Seeding: How to Overcome the Tipping Point
You cannot “make” virality, you can only create the conditions for it. The basic condition is high quality and relevance. Further decisive factors for success are organic retransmission, quickly reaching a critical mass and overcoming the so-called tipping point, from which an action becomes a sure-fire success.
2 tips for content seeding
As many people as possible should spread the message to more than one person. To manage this, a strategic first placement is extremely important. This process is called seeding. There are two variants:
- Targeted Seeding: Well-connected people are specifically targeted here. For this purpose, both own addresses (press, partners, employees, customers, etc.) can be used as well as webaffine multipliers and opinion leaders, so-called influencers, are addressed. The first listeners should have credibility, influence and above all good contacts in the targeted audience.
- Touchpoint Seeding: Here you use both your own and third-party online touchpoints (website, blogs, social media platforms etc.) so that the piece of content spreads further. If a content campaign is picked up and accompanied by the media, it can quickly become famous and thus have a high advertising impact. For example, exceptional promotional videos, called “virals”, are lucky enough to do this quite often.
Buy Spread: 3 Tips
In almost all viral campaigns, the initial distribution is purchased financially. There are plenty of ways to increase the chances of success of content material if necessary.
- Native Advertising: Native Advertising, Advertorials and Sponsored Posts are included.
- Influencer Marketing: Matching content can also be distributed via influencers, seed partners and other professional distributors
- Partner Programs: A third option involves partner programs or affiliate system operators being integrated into foreign newsletters and presented on portals.
Conclusion: no limits
As you can see, there are no limits to the possibilities of disseminating texts. And now you can start.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960367
English version: ISBN 9783965960374 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).