Survey shows: There is a lack of appreciation
As a recent monster survey shows, most participants lack this kind of understanding by their employer. About 46 percent of respondents said they never felt valued. Only 11 percent could claim to be valued by their employer.
Too low esteem leads to long-term dissatisfaction and demotivation for the employee. Frustrated faces after a long day of work and bad mood are the result. For the working climate this means: storm warning! Especially the millennials, who are our offspring in the working world, attach great importance to a pleasant working atmosphere, which is strongly influenced by mutual appreciation. We are all ready to do our best, as long as this is rewarded accordingly.
2 times 5 Tips for more appreciation in the job
It feels good to be praised by the boss. This confirms your diligence and acts as a motivational injection. Company Therefore, they should deal with the wishes and needs of their employees at an early stage. But also workers have the opportunity to make the cooperation pleasant. Only if both sides take a similar attitude to the topic of esteem, it is possible to create a pleasant working atmosphere as well as to increase the motivation and thus the performance.
Dr. Job has a few helpful tips for employers and employees that improve the atmosphere in the workplace, especially in the long term.
5 tips - how you, as an employer, pay more tribute to your employees:
- Pay attention to your employees: Hardly anything is more effective for a pleasant working environment than an open ear. Listen to your employees and recognize your needs. Try to respond to your employees. This gives them the feeling of being important to the company. Also, be open to talking about employee issues. As long as you do not take on the role of the psychologist, this strengthens the relationship of trust and thus the loyalty.
- Magic words work wonders: Already as a child our parents taught us to always say "please" and "thank you". So why should we stop as an adult? These simple courtesies should be taken for granted and automatically convey the recognition of work performance.
- Long live the feedback culture: You want your employees to always do their best and keep developing? You contribute a significant part to this. Through regular, constructive feedback, employees have the opportunity to learn from mistakes and to further develop their strengths. It is important that you take time for the feedback and do not tell it between the door and the tail. Well thought-out statements make it easier for you to communicate with your employees. A simple "good job!" Is welcome in every situation for a given occasion.
- Thank you very much for the flowers: Show your appreciation to your employees for their special achievements, even with small rewards. Be it an early closing time or smaller, individual gifts, such as personalized vouchers. Your creativity knows no bounds here.
- No empty promises: A new break? A team trip? On Fridays, early in the evening? Take care of the implementation promptly! A boss who stands by his word is appreciated by his employees and deserves respect.
5 Tips - How to reap the appreciation of a worker and show your superior:
- Be open to criticism: Constructive feedback helps you to develop further. Use negative criticism as an opportunity to improve. As long as your boss remains factual and the conversation does not go on a personal level, you can be grateful for any feedback. Signal your supervisor that you appreciate that he takes time to talk to you about your work performance.
- One hand washes the other: Your boss drowns in "To Do's" and you still have capacities? Then offer your support. He will also help you in particularly stressful phases in return. Teamwork is everything and gives a cooperation on equal terms. You feel taken seriously as an employee and give your supervisor the feeling of being able to rely on you at all times.
- Say "No": As an ever-present Yes-Sager, you will be more and more dissatisfied in the long run. No man has unlimited capacities. On the contrary, knowing exactly when you reach the limit will give you credibility. It shows that the quality of your work is important to you and that you can assess well when your capacities are exhausted.
- Honesty is the best: Speak openly if something is unclear or if you can not understand a certain procedure. To ask meaningful questions brings you pluses, because this gives your supervisor that you are intensively dealing with a topic and questioning, instead of blindly implementing everything.
- Stand by your competences: No one can suffer well. But if you offer support to your colleagues because of their expertise, any good advice is welcome. This will also appreciate your boss.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).