application via Twitter - but please with background
One of the two examples is already a bit older, by 2015 and shows what can be achieved with social media, a dose of courage and a lot of skill - Intercessio has blogged about it extensively.
Nina Mufleh was eager to work for Airbnb and sent a tweet after numerous unsuccessful application attempts - but not only: in this tweet, she sent a link to a page where she carefully analyzed why the company should expand in the Middle East. In addition, she had apparently also networked with various Airbnb employees to promote the tweet.
Cold Play: A sign for a dream job?
The second example is actually not a classic application, but a nice example how to stand out from the crowd. But here, too, skills and corresponding self-confidence are required:
The 19-year-old Ferdinand held up a sign at Coldplay in Munich, on which he asked “Let me play Everglow for you” and was promptly asked to come on stage, where he also convinced thousands of fans and singers Chris Martin with his skills. Sign to your dream job - if only for a few minutes, but with a sustained media coverage.
Video Note: If you don't see a video here, you have to activate the option "Watch videos" under "Privacy and Cookies" at the end of the page!
10 Tips for dedicated applications
What strikes me, on the other hand, is that many young people often think of creative applications, but often go beyond the target. Obviously such an application must already be - but it should not be negative. We show how it goes and where it often hooks.
- Industry and address must be right: Naughty in creative areas - in the conservative environment rather traditional applications are appropriate.
- Have the contact person in mind: The target group has to fit - this applies to marketing as well as to applications. It does not do any good to flare your fireworks at ideas, but if your target person does not have the power to hire you.
- Formal Correct: Creative or not: The application should contain no spelling mistakes, the salutation should be correct.
- The sound makes the music: Stay in the language formally correct: Avoid confidences or colloquial language, which is not creative but intrusive!
- Creative packaging: Many applications are sorted out right away: make sure that the application also looks positively out of the ordinary.
- Witticism wins: Creative is above all amusing - a person who laughs tears is already a good start!
- Show commitment: Show self-confidence and commitment - nobody wants a creative application that ends with “I hope for your support”.
- To convince by ability: Whoever trumps must deliver, is the motto. Unfortunately, this is often not the case, so companies are skeptical accordingly. If you show that you can do something, you have won.
- Private remains private: They can be creative, even provocative: their private life is not part of the application.
- No sex! Sex sells - but not in applications! Erotic allusions can be really embarrassing!
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960404
English version: ISBN 9783965960411 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).