Looking for positive work?
I have Sigrid Lang here Best of HR – Berufebilder.de® interviewed about temporary employment, She has been assistant to the project management at Neukranz Personalservice GmbH since August. It organizes all internal business processes for the customer in the project office of a major construction site. F
For the trained office clerk, it was clear from the beginning: Temporary work is better than unemployment: "I had the whole 'career' through to Hartz IV. The job here has motivated me again and showed me that I am worth something. I would do that again at any time. "
The advantages of time work
According to Lang, temporary work has the advantage that it definitely gets more money than unemployment and can make very different experiences: "I learn a lot of new things through various assignments and can further develop my professional know-how.
In addition, I learn the Company know better and can test for myself if I would like to work for my borrower. "Because in principle there is the possibility to be taken over:" In some missions I was already offered in the run fixed positions and many companies would also like to take over temporary workers. Often it works but then for internal reasons such as hiring not stop. "
It is not always exploited
However, she does not feel badly treated or exploited, but admits that there are also dubious temporary employment agencies: "So far, I have always been valued here." And also with the fact that she receives less salary for the same work than her permanent colleagues, she has no problem
"I knew that before and would not have done it otherwise!" However, she had a pain threshold in mind from the beginning: "If I had not received a certain sum, I would have preferred to apply for unemployment benefits."
Study confirms experience
The experience of Sigrid Lang also confirms the study "Temporary work in North Rhine-Westphalia", which was issued by the Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Affairs: A mass replacement of permanent staff by temporary workers is therefore not apparent. Rather, agency work is used for recruitment and during busy periods.
And it can be an important means of transition to a permanent position: almost 58 percent of all employees of the temporary employment sector in NRW were previously unemployed, while 20 percent of them were long-term unemployed. And around 1 / 3 the temporary workers find a new employment in the first labor market from the time work.
Manko low remuneration
The disadvantage, however, is the low remuneration: although wages in seri- ous temporary workers are generally regulated by collective agreements, the lowest wages are around 7,20 euros per hour. Therefore, temporary workers in comparable salary groups earn 36 to 45 per cent less than their established colleagues.
8 Tips on Time Work
You want or need to make time work? We'll tell you what to look for.
- Separate the chaff from the wheat: There are good and bad personnel mediators, also depending on branch. Be critical!
- Collective agreement: Does your temporary employment agency comply with the collective agreement? This is a sign of seriousness.
- Further education possibilities: Do you offer further training opportunities? This is also a sign of seriousness.
- Remuneration: What is the remuneration? Set your personal pain threshold. But stay realistic here.
- Pay attention to appreciation: Are you valued as an employee or treated like a cheap worker?
- Be flexible: Even if there are many longer-term projects: Imagine short-term changes and new situations. There is no other way.
- Take advantage of the increase in experience: Timing offers the opportunity to get to know companies from within. Take the chance.
- Be open: Temporary work can be an alternative to unemployment. Straight-lined CVs become less and less frequent. Look at the time work so positive.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).