Looking for positive work?
I have Sigrid Lang here Best of HR – Berufebilder.de® interviewed about temporary employment, She has been assistant to the project management at Neukranz Personalservice GmbH since August. It organizes all internal business processes for the customer in the project office of a major construction site. F
For the trained office clerk it was clear from the start: Temporary work is better than unemployment: “I had the whole 'career' up to Hartz IV. The job here motivated me again and showed me that I am worth something. I would do it again anytime. ”
The advantages of time work
According to Lang, temporary work has the advantage that it definitely gets more money than unemployment and can have very different experiences: “I learn a lot of new things through various assignments and can further develop my professional know-how.
In addition, I learn the Company know better and can test for myself whether I want to work for my hirer. ” Because basically there is an opportunity to be taken on: “For some assignments, I was offered permanent positions in advance and many companies would also like to take on temporary agency workers. Often, however, it doesn't work for internal reasons, such as stopping hiring.
It is not always exploited
On the other hand, she does not feel badly treated or exploited, but admits that there are of course also dubious temporary employment agencies: "So far, however, I have always been valued here." And also with the fact that she receives less salary for the same work than her permanent colleagues, she has no problem:
"I knew that beforehand and wouldn't have done it otherwise!" However, right from the start she had a pain limit on the salary in her head: "If I hadn't received a certain amount, I would have preferred to apply for unemployment benefits."
Study confirms experience
Sigrid Lang's experience is also confirmed by the study “Temporary work in North Rhine-Westphalia”, which was published by the Ministry of Labor, Health and Social Affairs. Rather, agency work is used for personnel recruitment and in times of orders.
And it can be an important means of transition to a permanent position: almost 58 percent of all employees of the temporary employment sector in NRW were previously unemployed, while 20 percent of them were long-term unemployed. And around 1 / 3 the temporary workers find a new employment in the first labor market from the time work.
Manko low remuneration
The disadvantage, however, is the low remuneration: although wages in seri- ous temporary workers are generally regulated by collective agreements, the lowest wages are around 7,20 euros per hour. Therefore, temporary workers in comparable salary groups earn 36 to 45 per cent less than their established colleagues.
8 Tips on Time Work
You want or need to make time work? We'll tell you what to look for.
- Separate the chaff from the wheat: There are good and bad personnel mediators, also depending on branch. Be critical!
- Collective agreement: Does your temporary employment agency comply with the collective agreement? This is a sign of seriousness.
- Further education possibilities: Do you offer further training opportunities? This is also a sign of seriousness.
- Remuneration: What is the remuneration? Set your personal pain threshold. But stay realistic here.
- Pay attention to appreciation: Are you valued as an employee or treated like a cheap worker?
- Be flexible: Even if there are many longer-term projects: Imagine short-term changes and new situations. There is no other way.
- Take advantage of the increase in experience: Timing offers the opportunity to get to know companies from within. Take the chance.
- Be open: Temporary work can be an alternative to unemployment. Straight-lined CVs become less and less frequent. Look at the time work so positive.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).