5 types of colleagues who like to disturb the peace of department and the personal satisfaction in the workplace - and which measures are against it!
- The lazy colleague: If you have to pay that the colleague sees his / her job only as work and not as a task, then talk to it in private. Announce your criticism and formulate it from the first-person perspective: "I understand that you want to be on time with your football club. The consequence for me, however, is that I also have to take over your work. I feel overloaded. How can we change that? "
- The idea thief: He or she is always at the forefront of the conversation and spends your ideas on the boss as his / her own. Communicate your ideas clearly before Team and the boss, that makes the idea thief the "mouth robbery". You may also sketch ideas in writing. Say, if it was your idea. "Wait a minute, I already suggested that on Thursday?"
- The self- He and more rarely she talks and does not work. Often he works as a boss or in sales. Suggest to swap roles in a "team project". Example: The organization of the next Christmas party. While you inform the colleagues and make a speech, the self-promoter should once take over the organization. Almost as a self-experience exercise for both sides.
- Nagger: He, very rarely, has something to complain of. This annoys you and the team! Talk to your colleague about it, but please, in private. You can arrange a self-service exercise, for example: the colleague waits one day for nagging, but you criticize for eight hours what is the stuff. At the end of the tour, you will have a drink together and exchange ideas about what you have experienced and experienced in each other's role.
- The wrong boss: He, more often she, was not actually born boss. But the top leadership has penalized him or does not see the incompetence. First of all, you can not change the situation, only to yourself. Often you feel weaknesses of the boss, if you feel superior to the boss in "high status", but in their eyes a "low status" because he is insecure or weak decision. The solution: Make yourself smaller, be slower, more cautious, drive back your self-confidence in dealing with this boss - you'll see that this gives you better access to the boss.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).