From the author:
What we can learn
In part, complex methods and tools from the logistics management are used to generate the last cent.
But what do we learn from the supply chain management practice? And how can we describe this success in 6 steps?
6 steps to success
- Not everything planned and organized jointly by the manufacturer and the catering trade has anything to do with supply chain management.
- All joint activities must result in a win-win game. It must never be a zero-sum game; then you could give away the money right away.
- So, when something is done and planned together, it is clear that the supply chain needs to add value in the sense of the SCM concept, in terms of higher profits, better performance, lower costs, faster processes, better customer service, greater opportunities for action.
- The end customer must benefit from the joint activities. Cost advantages must at least partially be passed on to the end customer. Performance improvements (such as higher product variety, higher delivery capacity, deeper and wider range, innovative products) by the manufacturer must "arrive" at the final customer.
- You always have to evaluate what you see and what you do not see. In many cases, it is lost sales, lost profit margins, lost profits and often lost opportunities and opportunities.
- Together can only mean that all parties in the supply chain win. The common sense of old thinking has nothing to do with the common sense of the new thinking and acting of the SCM.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).