Negotiate - Dare!
Many people often do not even think that they could negotiate. On the contrary:
If an offer is too expensive for you or does not suit you exactly, you say no immediately, while the other person is ready to talk.
A too fast yes hurts!
Do not you believe? The subject, according to my coaching experience, especially women. They often say too fast, even though you could have done more for themselves.
This happens, for example, when women ask for coaching, or when women make decisions as a board in an association about continuing education or when women should negotiate for salary or fees. And especially when women act as entrepreneurs.
The problem also affects men
Even if there are repeated investigations which lead to the conclusion that the small proportion of women in management positions is mainly due to the weakness of negotiation:
The problem also affects men. However, I meet with women in my coaching day more blatantly more frequently. And for the cause of the women in leadership positions, there have also been a number of other reasons, as recent developments have shown.
Pick the best for you
But that is not the point. It's about getting the best out of it when negotiating.
Therefore, in the following tips six for people who want to negotiate better in the job or in other situations:
6 Tips for optimal negotiation
- Think about it: A bit of what goes always!
- An offer is never the last word!
- Think about what you could negotiate. Creativity is in demand !, free according to the motto: Nothing is impossible!
- For example, additional services or other advantages are possible, if there is no financial leeway.
- Even if nothing goes on, experience for the next time you always win.
- Negotiation can be incredible fun!
All I have to do is ask: When do you start your next negotiation?
Don money like a magnet
Donning money like a magnet - who would not like that? Because in our capitalist society, money is power tool number 1.
The good news is that everyone can change things themselves. By negotiating accordingly. A good preparation and the correct attitude helps.
Butterbrot as remuneration?
Because: What good is the best job or job, if you get as a reward for just a sandwich? Or if the Manager or customer has completely impossible wishes?
Therefore, it is important to pass your own point of view and insist on a higher fee or other conditions. Five simple tips can help:
6 quick tips for successful negotiation
- Make it clear what a conversation or a negotiation is about: Often it is not about "the matter", but everyone just wants to represent his position and make it clear. You can take advantage of that!
- What is important is a good preparation: Think about the objections that your negotiating partner might raise and prepare to defend them with good arguments.
- Always include enough goals and negotiating options in the negotiation. Because then you do not have to insist on a point of view.
- Tactically act smart and sometimes meet your counterpart and thereby strengthen (supposedly) his position. This will then be of service to your cause overall.
- But if you persist, do not lose sight of your goal! Not: the rational gives way. But the rational persists in their interests.
- But very important: always show friendly and flexible. Even if you want to get tired of the temptation to be bruised.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965964686
English version: ISBN 9783965964693 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).