From the author:
When negotiating partners become opponents
Many negotiations are going badly. Often, negotiating partners increasingly become negotiators. Even in your own family, a once-so-beautiful memory of the relaxed holiday season can quickly fade away - and a dream vacation quickly becomes a horror trip.
You realize, not a good starting point to continue with the negotiation. Or transferred to our holiday theme: It is not even the basis to set a common goal of the trip, when the question arises anew each year: sea or mountains?
10 tips for better negotiation
But how do you do it better? For this we have put together 10 tips for you - so that you always know how to skillfully come to an agreement.
- Never give up while the ball is still in the game. If there is only a breath of opportunity, and if it is so small, use it.
- Go up the hierarchy: Who can help you? Who do you know? If you do not know anyone: Who do you know who knows someone?
- Analyze the personality of the TOP decision maker. How the one ticks. What are the values? What do you know about his motifs?
- Be sure to address the factual level AND the relationship level. #
- Simulate your communication. Give documents to someone who knows the addressee, who knows how he ticks. During conversations, prepare yourself thoroughly and simulate this (several times) with people who are similar to their interlocutor or who can feel well.
- Go confidently and on equal terms in conversations and negotiations. Nobody likes to negotiate with petitioners.
- If you are unsure or operateblind, get external help.
- Go with clear goals in negotiations. Write letters with a clear goal. The recipient must know what to do next, how to proceed.
- Make concessions that you can offer to the other side. It is about everyone who can keep his face. Through his action, the buyer did not reach his main goal, but his company, by means of a few conversations, a few hundred thousand euros additionally brought to the cash register.
- Re-summarize the results of the negotiations in writing and send a confirmation of the agreement as soon as possible.
Conclusion: Only no lazy compromises
What you should pay attention to in the end: When negotiating come out mostly solutions that are not really good for either party. You know this by the name compromise. But that's just the last name, the compromise also has a first name: Lazy. The whole name is: Lazy compromise.
That's exactly what you should do without. Stay true to yourself and think carefully about the outcome of your negotiation - and with which you can not. And then they do not even make lazy compromises. Because they are not worth the trouble of the trial.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).