1. set goals
In general, one goal is the defined and targeted end point of a process. In the professional life, the success of a project or a more or less elaborate work is usually defined with the aim.
In the private sphere, the goal often describes an aspired condition of the personal environment. Goals give structure and meaning to everyday life. A meaningful goal planning and coordination make it possible to reconcile work and private life.
2. Individual goals
A goal is not necessarily an invariable constant. Goals are changing, and many factors can affect the objectives. A twenty-year-old has different visions of his life as a mid-forties.
While the younger may be easier to identify with IT innovations, he is not yet tied up in private life. The elderly may have multiple qualifications, life experience and extensive contacts. He is involved in a strong social network of colleagues, family and friends. Neither mode of operation nor goals can be identical. It is also necessary to adapt the objectives to market changes
3. Check the stage
With a three-step goal plan, you definitely win. One of the three goals will reach you. Break the main target down to the performance you will have to perform in certain stages. This way you can keep an overview and can also look forward to partial sequences:
- Set yourself a maximum goal, a really really big goal, where you have to grab the stars and give everything.
- Set yourself an expected goal, a goal that you can actually achieve when you are struggling and accelerating.
- Define a minimum goal, which you also reach when something goes wrong. With this minimum, however, you should also be satisfied (if necessary).
It is usually due to lack of perseverance when goals are not reached. The path of the least resistance is now easier to walk than to avoid or eliminate obstacles to the will. Increase your perseverance by following the tips below.
5. Eight useful tips
- Inventory: First, get an overview. Determine your status quo. How far have you come this year / in this area / in your life? Research your personal strengths and weaknesses and use them specifically.
- Really want it: Now is the time to set new, realistic goals. Identify yourself with your goal and use it as a source of strength. Trust in your inner voice.
- Looking ahead optimistically: Do not stick your goals too high. But dare to do something. Under-set goals do not demand and are unsatisfactory.
- Put down in writing: What is written in black on white, one can not only carry comfortably home, but also always bring out and check. Write down on what you want to achieve. Do all (life) areas run equally well? Or hapert it somewhere?
- Step by step: In order to achieve a goal, many individual steps are required. Well thought-out successively, the sum of all activities yields the desired result. Divide the way to the goal in single steps. Also try to win over the stage. Also a small reward for it.
- Adjust speed: You determine your individual tempo. Turn a gear back or accelerate. There is no standard. Adapt your speed to your condition. A short distance can be reached in the sprint, but not the finish line at the marathon run.
- Bypass obstacles: Endurance also means not giving up on the first obstacle. Sometimes a detour is more worthwhile than the supposedly direct way.
- Start now: You can only hold out if you start. Take the first step now. New ideas inspire. Anyone who hesitates for a long time will easily miss his chance.
6. Stamina is learnable
Always remember: You too can learn perseverance. But this also requires perseverance.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).