Poor performance exposes lack of knowledge
And yet, in speeches and lectures one sees a comprehensive dilettantism as if this admonition had not existed from well over 100 years ago:
- Entrepreneurs and managers turn to their canvas PowerPoint, read, and turn their backs on the audience
- They have built their PowerPoint as hand-out-read PPT and not as an addition to the speaker
- They begin with a sentence of eras, an unmistakable sign that they have never thought, rehearsed, or memorized their beginning
- They knead their hands or have these in their pockets. Some also play with a microphone, ball-point pen or key-collar - so that the listener as a spectator also clearly sees the subliminal excitement
- They do not rarely speak too quickly - and do not correct themselves
- Self-observation during the speech is missing
- They overwhelm the listener with a convolute of abstract data, which he already forgets to forget
- Speakers work out the speech-time, not for the speech success
Why people prefer to speak before their own dog
Perhaps most of them prefer to make a speech to their own dog than to the neighbor, their colleagues or the customer. This poses the following questions:
- Why is it difficult for public speaking?
- What is good speech at all and what is a good speech? How should one lead this way: as an entrepreneur and manager the employees, customers, suppliers, investors, creditors or journalists?
- As a physician patient or health-oriented?
- As a teacher or Professor Pupils, students or congress participants ...?
- How can we make a speech that should lead people spiritually, if one does not have the craft of speech in the profession?
No warm-ups from politics and the USA
Whoever wants to lead has to signal trust. The majority of the listeners have a great mistrust to corporate word, management talk, perseverance slogans, or American comedy-like speeches. Geert Hofstede is a Dutch sociologist and developed a model of intercultural communication.
He refuted that management can be practiced uniformly worldwide. Cultural differences lead more often to conflicts than to synergies. American management theories are limited to other cultures, as Americanized speeches are not only helpful. Who wants to copy speech techniques must rather seek European role models.
The mistrust of Worthwels
Definitely. People always want openness and honesty, even with difficult messages. They do not want to be lied to, not even by obscuring the truth. John J. Mearsheimer is Professor Political Science at the University of Chicago. Within international relations he deals with the value of untruth.
While there are many political lies between states, theCompany"Military" put the utmost importance on honesty within their own circles, because it is decisive for the success of the fight ". So speakers should not copy the political speech, but think about the internal cooperative success. Who does not heed all this, speaks as an arbitrary speaker. For the latrine.
Catch somewhere: In self-representation
But somewhere you have to start moving forward. The best with a self-image So, finally, every small Redeperformance begins. Every profession is confronted with it in life. At seminars, in meetings, with the presentation in the colleagues circle, when one starts a job again or at customers.
"By the way, my name is Reiner Runkel", "hello I am the Helga Irmgard, you could call me Irmi", "what should I say now?" - who once experienced a round of self-image - for example, at the beginning of a seminar or at the first presentation in the company - usually amazed not bad about the nature of the presentations. This speech is easy to prepare, because you know each other better than many other topics that you have to talk about.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).