Typo errors often mean the end
Only in the cancellation these reasons are not - and therefore the mistakes happen again and again. What Personaleraler but really bothers, for example, spelling errors: in every fifth Casting they arrive.
But while applicants often believe that does not matter, for the majority of companies, they are a knock-out criterion because they suspect that they are either uninterested in the business or generally sloppy.
Therefore, no job candidate should allow more than one typing error. Otherwise, his application will be filed immediately with many personnel on the cancellation batch. From three errors, most of the application documents are sorted out. It is particularly embarrassing from the point of view of the personnel departments, if the contact person is misspelled. Surveys show that only very few people were spelled wrong in the application.
Ask for permission
Candidates often have the problem that you are waiting for a respite or cancellation as if sitting on glowing coals. In her eyes only one thing helps: ask. But beware: A person could feel annoyed by too early an inquiry.
Surveys show that many HR professionals recommend a wait of at least two weeks, and some even wait three to four weeks for a reasonable time. Only a handful of people think that you can inquire after just one week, while others think it better if you do not ask.
Keyword Active Sourcing: Use social networks
Even if this is always recommended: The majority of HRDs strongly advise against seeking to justify the rejection. By contrast, in times of active sourcing and social recruiting, applicants are well advised to integrate social networks into the application process and to keep it up-to-date and error-free as well.
Of course, there are those who do not yet use the Internet for research, even in the year 2016. They either have no time and no staff for it, or they believe that personal conversation brings more. However, some decision-makers use the Internet only for the narrowest possible range of candidates.
10 Don'ts: What do people pay particular attention to when applying?
What do HR specialists pay particular attention to? What should you pay attention to when applying, not to be sorted out right away? The 10 main don'ts
- Formalities: Formal sloppiness, eg if date and signature are missing.
- Form: Many decision-makers are disturbed by a non-uniform character.
- Gaps in the CV: It is also a no-go for many when there are gaps in the curriculum vitae.
- Missing attachments: Many people sort out if you have to search for attachments in vain because they have been forgotten.
- Too detailed: Many HR managers do not want to read novels in the office, but want applications that come straight to the point.
- Photo: A bad photo catapults the applications to many recruiters.
- Multiple use: If application documents were reused, this shows disinterest - and quite a few reject the application.
- Spelling mistake: Many decision-makers interfere with spelling mistakes in such a way that the applicant falls through.
- Linguistic style: Not a few people are disturbed by an inappropriate language.
- Wrong contact person: Many recruiters put the application aside immediately if the contact person is spelled wrong or the wrong person!
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).