This entry contains content and information that may be out of date, eg due to legal or statistical changes. Because it can still be helpful to get an overview of the topic, you can still find it here.
Student health insurance
- Family insurance: If you use the 25. You are insured with your parents free of charge in family insurance, provided that at least one parent is in the statutory health insurance. If you have completed a military or alternative service, family insurance is extended by the period of military service or civilian service. Family insurance ends when you earn more than 355 Euro per month (exception: you work in the semester breaks, see below) or when you reach the age limit. But if you have a minijob, so a small job, then you can earn up to 400 Euro every month. If you are married and your spouse is insured in a statutory health insurance, you can also insure yourself free of charge for the entire period of study.
- From the 2 birthday (or later, after adding the times of the military / alternative service) you have to assure yourself: The contribution rates for student health insurance are uniformly defined for all statutory health insurance funds by the Federal Ministry of Health. From 01.10.2008, the monthly health insurance contribution is 54,78 Euro and 9,98 Euro per month. For children, the contribution to long-term care insurance is increased to 11,26 Euro per month. The legislature thus implements a judgment of the Federal Constitutional Court, which makes it incompatible with the Basic Law that parents pay the same amount as children. The insurance ends with the expiry of the semester, in which the student receives the 30. Or the 1Fachemester.
- BAföG recipients receive grants for health and long-term care insurance: regardless of whether you are legally or privately insured: As a BAföG beneficiary, you will receive 2008 Euro from August (for all new approval periods beginning in August) or October 2008 (for approval periods that started 50 before August), and 9 Euro for long-term care insurance. For all approval periods beginning on March 2009 or later, the demand for CT increases to 54 Euro, for PV to 10 Euro. In private health insurance, the subsidy can also be lower if the costs are lower.
- End of student health insurance: The cheap student health insurance can be obtained until the end of the 1 study semester - at the latest until the end of the semester in which the 30. Year of life is completed - use. But: under certain conditions, it can be extended beyond the aforementioned maximum duration. As prerequisites can be recognized on evidence: birth of a child and subsequent care, disability, acquisition of entry requirements for a higher education through the second education, prolonged illness, participation in university boards, performing military or civil service, non-admission in the selection process of ZVS, care for the disabled Family member. Anyone who has passed the semester or age limit or has finished their studies can voluntarily continue to take out insurance.
- Dislocation by orphan status: The health insurance of pensioners (KVdR) is a compulsory insurance. With orphan's pension it can come therefore to the displacement of the student compulsory insurance. The orphan's pensions status in some cases establishes its own access to health insurance and proceeds. More about the "health insurance of pensioners (KVdR)" should be inquired at the appropriate health insurance.
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).