Stress vs. Stress Life without work
Stress, stress, stress complain many - and dream of a life without work. But let's be honest: do you want that at all?
Imagine realistically a life without stress - would not that be annoying boring? Even from a psychological point of view, it makes more sense to look at the word "stress" once more differentiated, instead of just seeing red.
What is stress actually?
My core thesis I can pack in a simple statement: Too much stress is unpleasant, too little too. An average stress level is perfect! But what exactly is stress actually?
Let's take a closer look at stress: Stress can be subdivided into 3 levels. Too little stress, stress concentrating and too much stress.
The Boreout Syndrome
We have too little stress when we are either tired or bored with the task. The challenge is classic in routine tasks, because these can be done by our subconscious mind almost in our sleep.
But even if situations are unpleasant for us, in the truest sense of the word, we go into the mode of challenge. In this context, think of endless meetings, simple routine tasks, or boring lectures.
We always recognize the challenge when we are hanging aimlessly in thought clouds or we are simply unconcentrated. This stress level is no fun, as recently shown by a new Harvard study.
Work well can be through stressful stress
Concentrating stress is an easy challenge. Then we have our action still under control, but it requires our full attention so that it works. At this stage, we are fully in the process and the time passes by in flight.
You often have this condition when you pursue your tasks with passion. To recognize this level of stress, you just ask yourself if you want to or just do something "The goal should be to be as frequent and as long as possible at this level of" willingness ".
Loss of control: fear of burnout
And last but not least, there's the stress we're talking about when we say, "That's stressing me!" At that point, a situation escapes our control more and more. Control withdrawal also occurs whenever we have to "do" a task.
For example, you know typical situations of loss of control when you suddenly get stuck in a long traffic jam on the way to an important appointment. Or you realize that you can not meet a deadline, you simply have too many tasks for a time slot, or simply no desire for something.
7 tips for practical work
Let us now turn to the practical side: 7 tips that show you how you can influence these levels at the desk.
- Clean up the head: Just as you regularly clean up your desk, you should also arrange the thoughts in your head. Take 5 minutes of time every day and write everything !, which is in your mind, just on a sheet of paper. You will notice how you get a clear head so immediately. That, in turn, is the basis for positive concentration of the stress level.
- One after the other: Create a schedule. In order for you to devote yourself fully to one thing, your brain needs a clear schedule that says, "One by one." Do a simple prank list, organized according to top-down priorities. Now, stubbornly try to strike point by point and stick to one thing. You can see it all like a game. For this you can get rambling thoughts as a little dog imagineyou always have to collect. But be dynamic in your prank list and adjust it when things change in the short term (and they do like that).
- Order is half of life: Make sure you order a little more often. It is well known that people like simple and clear images, objects and situations. An unkempt desk is the opposite. Unconsciously, this "lack of clarity" triggers stress, because the brain has to expend a lot of energy in order to recalculate the chaos and the lingering "dangers of work" over and over again.
- Siesta: Get the siesta to Germany! If you are aware of it, you will find that we are more often affected by tiredness once a day. The concentration of the activating stage 2 then no longer works. Instead of taking a break, what the body actually arranges in the lack of concentration, we usually continue or deal with trivial things. Tip: Take a break now! Asking yourself, "whether you get to the finish faster with or without a break?" Only then should you take the break, because otherwise it can happen that your subconscious drives you further to get to a destination.
- Cool drink: Become Aquarius. If you find that stress level 3 accompanies you, you can calm down your nervous system with a simple trick. Just drink 0,5 to 0.7 liters of water. The effect is similar to eating a good portion. The stomach is put on digestion. This is controlled in the nervous system via the parasympathetic nervous system. And he is responsible for digestion as well as for reassurance.
- Stress helps against boredom: A task bores you? That means you are in the stress level 1. Good, then try the following. If possible, just increase the pace until you dive into the task. Alternatively, a strong coffee or tea is effective to increase the stress level towards the pleasant level 2. What also helps is to play a little "Zappelphillip" and to activate over the body.
- Just stop the air: If you have a lot of thought in your head, just echo the air for a moment. Then try to breathe as slowly as you can. Voila, it's usually quiet in the head! In addition, the 1 technology can be used as a supplement to this. apply.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960626
English version: ISBN 9783965960633 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).