Your interior comes to the outside
For more presence and visibility is especially: what is inside, comes out. This means that what you think about yourself and your achievements in the interior, in those situations in which it is important to convince others, especially to the outside.
You can still read as many tips as you convince others in a quiet way: If you are insecure inside or believe that you do not have much to offer, that will of course come through. Not only because you are reluctantly too cautious in your own cause, but also because you notice insecurity and self-doubt.
Our true strengths are self-evident
Now comes to what we already had: That our true strengths occur to us totally self-evident ("It's clear anyway!", "Can anyone!", "That's easy for me!"). And that we often attach too much importance to our weaknesses.
Most of all, because we unfairly label a lot as a weakness. You'll be amazed at what you have on the box and what strengths even reveal in your weaknesses!
Your strengths in action
Regarding their strengths, many people unfortunately sabotage themselves enormously and thus fall into the natural trap. No wonder! Because most of us make the mistake that they begin the keyword strengths to downplay a list of qualities or abilities à la "reliable", "patient", "communicative".
Not only does it not do anything because it's too unspecific, it's not very meaningful. That's why many people find it so hard to acknowledge their strengths.
What concrete benefits do your strengths have?
It is different when you become concrete and recognize that each strength has its own specific, manifold value. For this I recommend the following exercise:
Answer the following questions, take some time for it.
- What qualities or abilities do you think of as a strength (or at least a good one)?
- What specific situation do you think of when you used this strength last?
- Now formulate the benefit of this strength in one or two sentences.
Be aware of your strengths
Your answers might include, B. look like this:
- I quickly realize how others are doing.
- When my colleague arrived in the morning, I immediately saw that he was in a bad mood. Actually, I just wanted to confront him with a customer problem. Instead, I brought him a coffee and we chatted about this and that. When I realized that he had relaxed, I told him about the problems with the customer. We discussed the matter together and made an important decision.
- As I quickly realize how others are doing, I know exactly what the other person needs right now. For example, if he is in a bad mood or stressed out. I intuitively do the right thing to make him feel better and so make sure that we can work well together.
Do this with all the strengths that come to mind. Begin with five, then increase to 10. And much more. It is a wonderful exercise to be aware of the true value of your strengths. In addition to this, you can also prepare important situations such as: Such as job interviews and salary negotiations.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960084
English version: ISBN 9783965960091 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).