Customers want to solve problems
Sellers have to be active, not passive. No customer calls because he has nothing to do. Customers log in because they have a problem to be solved. Often even as fast as possible. Money does not always play the decisive role, but fast problem solving.
Sales managers should be interested in doing business with their counterparts, whether they are new or regular customers. However, with typical behavior, salespeople regularly drive prospective customers or customers to the competitor. So please do not:
10 Typical mistakes from bad seller
- Do not offer a call back: If a customer signs up, then you should not make it unnecessarily difficult to reach your preferred contact person. If this is not there right now, it demands the politeness that the offerer offers the customer a recall - on its own.
- Call back - but do not comply: Many a customer has already been frustrated with another supplier, because he has come to the realization that commitments from his desired supplier are not respected. Why should a customer call afterwards to get rid of his money?
- Shift the blame to others: Nobody in the Company is responsible for everything. Nevertheless, sales managers are the number one contact because they are the face of the market. Even if they sometimes "sit between the chairs", they have to take care of or at least inform customers, which will happen now.
- Only for orders: Good customer loyalty and development is not just about being there for you when it comes to specific business, but also "in between". Customers move away when they realize that they are only a means to an end, that their money is the center of attention, not their humanity.
- Do not think along: Just because the customer asks about A, A does not always have to be the optimal solution. Sometimes smaller or larger solutions are required or at least additional accessories. The customer is to help in finding the right decision - otherwise he does not need a salesman, but can order directly on the Internet.
- Think about the customer's money: Many providers are ashamed of their own prices and are afraid of price dis- cussions. As a result, they offer far too often cheap instead of optimal solutions. But customers have a basic right to get the best solution for their situation at least. If they want it cheaper and worse, they'll say it.
- Ignore Customer: Eye contact is noticed when it is missing. Many a customer goes to shops or at trade fairs and notes in frustration that no notice is taken from him. Why should a customer do this?
- Do not inform customers: With customers, you can do a lot - provided they are informed in time and they feel that the provider has the whole process still under control. But if you leave customers in the lurch or problems, should not be surprised, if customers do not do something like that anymore.
- Do not help or support: So many a customer buys something and then has problems, for example, during commissioning or application. Why should not you offer a customer the goods to deliver or build (also gladly against money!) - or at least after two days briefly call, if everything has worked?
- Have no fun at doing: Spending money can be fun. Especially when customers AND sellers have fun. Nevertheless, many customers are impressed by the fact that the sellers have no fun with their activities. If customers protect themselves from energy suction by ordering on the Internet - who can blame them?
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).