External influence of personnel planning
The target group of university graduates dominates the strategic personnel planning of many like no other Company, Young talent is also an increasingly important aspect.
A variety of internal and external influencing factors play a role here and it is becoming more and more important for the success of the recruitment measures that qualified candidates of this target group are adjusted to a sufficient extent. External influences are eg
- Demographic change,
- Skills shortages,
Study shows what companies want
The university recruiting study 2014, published by Jobware in collaboration with Prof. Dr. Christoph Beck, is based on surveys of 211 HR managers from different companies. The results of this study clearly show the high relevance of this target group.
- Almost 90% of companies plan to hire graduates in 2014
- Larger companies have the highest demand
- 44% of companies fear difficulties in obtaining university graduates
- Only 14% expect it to become easier
- The acceptance of the bachelor's degree is increasing
- Approximately 25% of companies in 2013 have recruited university graduates with a doctorate.
Increase the market value by selecting the correct subject
The study revealed some unexpected results. Thus, the final score - which is an important qualification and competency feature - only ranked fourth, the reputation of the university or the Abiturnote end up in the last place of the market value factors.
The usual suspects landed in the most prominent places in the particularly sought-after studies:
- Economist (57%)
- Computer Scientist (48%)
- Engineers (48%)
Which recruiting channels are used?
Particular attention is paid to the recruiting channel, ie the instruments used to recruit university graduates.
- Online job exchanges 74%
- Own career website of the employer 58%
- Internships 49%
- Job offers 46%
- University Cooperation 34%
- Social Media Channels 19%
- Print ads 11%
- Specialists in the Internet 3%
- Mobile Recruiting 1,9%
These clear statements on the recruiting channels used for university graduates are in sharp contrast to the intensity of how individual recruiting topics are reported in the relevant media. The hype surrounding social media recruiting or the use of mobile recruiting seem to relativize these figures.
The right job exchange for graduates
In the target group-oriented selection of the right job exchanges and placement of job advertisements, staff often poke in the fog because they have little fact-based evidence. Thus, recruiters run the risk of looking for the right candidates in the wrong job portals.
In which jobbörsen, therefore, are these candidates, how satisfied are they with the job portals? Where do applicants find employer vacancies? And where should recruiters put their job adverts to meet the candidates?
The solution to a dilemma
This uncertainty can now be mitigated on the basis of the results of the job-market user survey. In a continuous survey of http://www.crosspro-research.com, which has been carried out since October 2008 by the initiators Crosswater Job Guide and PROFILO Rating Agency, are now available through 2014 evaluations. Stake-seekers, among other things, state their career preferences, their professional status, and in particular their satisfaction (or dissatisfaction) in the use of job exchanges.
These reviews have now been evaluated by Crosspro-Research.com to provide an empirical-based fact sheet to help recruiters find satisfaction in the process of selecting the right job board in this important SAY labor market segment.
How do applicants see job boards?
Based on a crosspro research research, which is carried out jointly by the independent recruiting market researcher PROFILO Rating Agency and Crosswater Job Guide as a permanent survey since 2008 and which now includes 29.000 assessments of job seekers to individual job exchanges, Answer question.
The following selection criteria are applied:
- The occupational status of the survey participant is student, graduate, professional or young professional (up to 3 years of professional experience)
- At least 60 evaluations of this candidate target group per job exchange must be achieved
- Job search engines were not considered because they do not run dedicated audience marketing
- The assessed job exchanges must have received at least 25% of their assessments from this target group, regardless of their market class as a special jubilee or generalist
- The following criteria were evaluated to determine the ranking: Job portal user satisfaction (weighted by 40%) Job market reach based on the Alexa ranking, taking into account the respective bounce rate (weighted by 40%) Share of the relevant ratings of the target group in relation to the sum of the ratings per job market (weighted with 20%)
The weighted ranking was determined from the resulting specific place numbers.
The best job exchanges
Quality competition and quality seal
As part of the quality competition "Germany's best job markets", the best job markets in the market segments Generalists, Special Job Boards and Job Search Engines were awarded prizes at the "Zukunft Personal" fair at the 14.10.2014 and awarded a seal of quality.
With a special seal of approval are there for the first time awarded those job boards that have achieved in the important candidate target group of students, graduates, young professionals and young professionals to high user satisfaction in the job board survey.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).