Main number safe?
Despite the current start-up hype, business start-up in Germany is still a topic which is suspiciously eyed. To the great, the risks of breaking out of the supposedly safe fixation seem to be something new to think of.
It is no wonder that our entire education and social system, as well as our entire culture and way of thinking, is geared towards diligent work and social security payments.
Like Icarus in the crab basket
If somebody dares to break out of the safe system, he is like the crabs caught in the basket, as soon as one is successfully crawled to the edge, the others pull them back relentlessly.
Or the story of Icarus, who was too cocky and melted the wax wing in the sun - the sudden crash was the result. The story is a warning, but not too cocky.
Checklist: Benefits of self-employment
The step into self-employment offers good chances to realize own ideas and presented a real alternative to the permanent employment. The following advantages offers a own Company - if you do it right:
- You have no boss or unpleasant colleagues
- You decide for yourself how to earn your money
- The working hours are freely definable
- The entire merit flows into your own pocket
- You can - if things go well - follow your own passion
Passion, success and failure are close to each other
Because a big advantage of being self-employed is that you are your own happiness Schmid and have the freedom to realize yourself - assuming you can earn money with this idea or manage to generate a passive income, to spend time on exciting things to have - a way that also suggests Sebastian Kühn.
But one thing must also be clear: start-ups are always a risk. Many companies are failing in the initial phase. Frequently there is simply no business idea or entrepreneurial craftwork.
While things like work, insurance or salary are clearly regulated in a permanent position, entrepreneurs are always faced with new questions:
- Is the idea at all viable?
- Who buys my service / work?
- Which marketing strategy is the right one?
- How much do I have to earn a month to live on?
- Or what legal issues do I have to consider?
Independence as a bureaucratic hurdle run
In addition, there is a considerable bureaucracy - especially the way to independence equals a hurdles: From the business plan on the financing to the choice of the right legal form many things are regulated.
The registration with the tax office as well as the registration and the choice of the right insurance must also be observed. For this reason, it is advisable to gather all possible information before starting up the company and to make use of extensive consulting offers.
8 Tips for the right foundation
Independence is not a work of witchcraft: whoever comes to it in a timely manner has a good chance of success. We show which steps are necessary.
- Good advice does not have to be expensive: Counseling is important - and does not have to be expensive thanks to state subsidies. The first point of contact for start-up entrepreneurs may be the relevant employment agency, the Chamber of Industry and Commerce, the municipal business consultancy or an independent start-up consultant. The latter should be accredited to the Employment Agency and to the relevant authorities so that they can be reimbursed for their advice.
- Idea and business plan: At the beginning is the optimal business idea. But you should not simply develop into the blue, but think about sales markets, marketing strategies, financing, profit planning as well as opportunities and risks. A business plan that you need anyway, if you want to take out a loan or apply for a state subsidy, offers the best option.
- To clarify the financing: Next, you should clarify the financing of your idea: Is a start-up allowance or entrance allowance for the Federal Employment Agency possible? A loan or a guarantee from the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau? Does your house bank give you a loan? Are you taking care of investors? Since the financing is elementary, you should definitely prepare the financing talk in good time.
- The optimal legal form: Also, choosing the right legal form depends on whether your business is successful: it decides whether and how you work with others, what taxes you have to pay, how much effort to invest in the bureaucracy, whether you name it Your company or whether you need to publish your balance sheets. For this reason, you should consider carefully whether you want to set up an individual company, a GbR, a limited company or a limited company, for example.
- Trade registration: The next step is to register your business in the community of your permanent establishment. As a freelancer, you only have to get a tax number from the tax office. In addition, as a trader become a mandatory member in the Chamber of Commerce and Chamber of Crafts. Beyond a certain income limit or as a corporation, you must also register in the commercial register.
- The registration with the tax office: After you have registered a tissue, the municipality will automatically contact the responsible tax office, and you will automatically receive the registration form at the tax office. As a freelancer, however, you have to register yourself with the tax office. In order to obtain a tax number, you must in any case complete the questionnaire for tax collection. From now on, you as an entrepreneur pay income tax, trade tax, VAT - and corporate tax as a corporation.
- Social insurance: The next step is signing up for Social Security. As a self-employed person, you are not automatically compulsorily insured here, but you have to register yourself. You have to insure yourself, but you have the choice whether legally or privately. Pension insurance is voluntary, with a few exceptions. Unemployment insurance too. When it comes to accident insurance, it depends on your industry.
- Other insurance companies: Social Security does not protect you from all kinds of damage. In a further step, they should also protect themselves against occupational disability, private accidents or bad debts or bad debts. In legal disputes, however, helps a legal expenses insurance, in cases of damage a liability insurance. Which insurance is really necessary depends on your individual risks.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).