- The idea: At the beginning there is always a good idea, usually one that solves an already existing problem. At Caryaa, the question was "Where to get to Tegel Airport by car without paying overpriced parking fees?" Our solution: Customers place their vehicle at the terminal in the hands of a Caryaa employee who is in a safe and protected parking area not far from the airport Airport. After the return of the customer the Caryaa-employee expects it already with the vehicle at the terminal.
- Legal and tax consulting: But a good idea alone is not enough, you also have to know more about things like tax, law and medicine or seek the advice of a specialist. Cooperation with reliable legal and tax advisers is important. And for important decisions, you should get used to getting a second opinion - ideally that of an expert - even if it takes a bit more time. This approach highlights a variety of options and mitigates potential risks.
- Contracts: Proper contracts with service providers, suppliers and partners are essential. It is true that in the case of the founders, the financial resources for a specialist attorney may be scarce, but a bad contract can pose a high risk. As an example, software contracts must explicitly clarify the source rights.
Project Management and IT
- Project Management: Project management is the AundO and requires a lot of discipline. This includes at least one time, budget and content target planning. Because only when planning weaknesses and risks. It must be followed consistently, adapted weekly and the procedure defined by concrete measures. A plan is only good if it remains flexible and takes into account fallback solutions. In addition to optimism, a healthy dose of distrust is helpful.
- IT: In today's world, IT is indispensable in any business sector. When forming a team, an IT expert should always be included in the foundation. In addition to the usual computer and network tasks, the website promotes existence. And when selling online, an IT expert is a must to consider aspects like Google Ranking and SEO right from the start. As a rule, so many changes and adjustments occur during the development of the website (eg coupon promotions, text adjustments) that it usually no longer pays to obtain the IT services from an external service provider.
Team and supporters
- Networking: As a founder you should be prepared for the fact that the supporting core team can change several times. Everyone is hoping for a quick and great success - but if, for example, the bank financing takes much longer than planned, you need a long breath. Maintaining contacts with acquaintances and prospects, as well as the placement of job advertisements are essential to form a dedicated and qualified team.
- Embed the team: Service providers and consultants want to help start-ups, but they also want to earn money. The further away the employees and service providers are from the founder, the less they will burn for the founding idea. Therefore, one should try to involve committed supporters in the own team.
PR, marketing, sales, function and pricing
- Note lead time: Founders often worry about presenting their idea to the market too soon - perhaps it's not quite mature or fearing imitation. However, PR and marketing need a lot of lead time before they can be implemented and the carefully selected measures take effect. Distributing a product is often at the heart of any startup alongside technical innovation. If the founder is not an outspoken salesman, then he should definitely recruit a skilled and reliable sales representative.
- Advertising on a small budget: If you have a small budget, I recommend starting with a small audience and small sales and then getting the funds for development based on initial customer feedback. Nowadays customers want to participate in the development and become loyal customers or "fans". It is particularly important to promise nothing that can not be kept. Otherwise, the market demands the promise and does not accept a partial solution.
- Pricing: The pricing decides on fast, but also sustainable market success. A new and unknown product should not attract attention too soon over too low prices or too high discounts. The risk is high that once accepted by the market low prices can not be increased again without problems. In that case, it is better to click from above and start temporary discount campaigns.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).