How language trips improve careers
A language trip is on your to-do list? This is very easy to understand. Because the more languages you speak, the higher your chances of employment and the better your own position in salary negotiations.
For foreign language skills, or at least a fluent English, is now required by most employers. After all, many corporations and medium-sized companies act Company meanwhile global, there is good, business fluent English indispensable.
Cultural diversity: overcome prejudices
In addition, the aspect of cultural diversity has become very high in many companies. Anyone who has prejudices against foreign languages and cultures is clearly in the dark. In order to get to know other cultures better and acquire the required language skills, it can be helpful to experience a foreign language and culture up close and personal. It is useful to live, learn or work in a completely foreign country.
But how is one to know whether one is really ready for it and which country or city suits one? If you do not want to rush into the unknown right now, you can explore unknown terrain with one language explore. These combine the unique opportunity of learning languages and traveling - a double plus so.
Attention culture shock: 5 benefits of language study
But those are not the only advantages that speak for a language trip abroad. Here are five more reasons to show why it pays to invest in language travel for your career.
- Improve your language skills and career opportunities on language trips: The first and most obvious point is that you can improve your existing language skills or even learn a completely new foreign language while studying for a language course. In addition to the language course and the contact with mother tongue teachers and classmates from all over the world, participants also have the unique opportunity to interact with locals. So you not only learn from the pros, so to speak, but also gets a complete immersion in the language and culture of the country!
- Get to know new cultures on language trips: In addition to the language lessons at the local school, you also have the opportunity to get to know the country and its people better during a language study trip. This gives the learner one authentic insight into the lives of the locals and helps to develop valuable intercultural competences (such as openness and tolerance).
- Language courses promote independence: Especially for young people, a language study trip may be the first experience abroad away from the family. This can have a positive effect on the personality development. Language learners face new and exciting challenges and learn a lot about themselves. And every little success will motivate them to continue pursuing their goals.
- Language courses are a plus in the curriculum vitae: This is the most obvious career booster: your prospective employer will receive a variety of applications. With international experience you can stand out from the crowd and convince them with their language skills, their openness to new cultures and their independence.
- Make contacts at language trips: Language courses are a combination of learning and fun. After the class, you will have time to explore the new country with your classmates and will certainly get to know many people better. But not only private friendships emerge, but language travel also offers the unique opportunity to make new and valuable contacts that can help you with your career in the future.
Find and finance the right foreign language: 5 tips
In principle, of course, when looking for a job, the more foreign languages you speak, the better. Due to the high importance of the subject, we present below five criteria that help you to find the right language course for your needs as a further education option in terms of foreign language skills and give tips on financing.
- Language travel as an education holiday: In 14 of 16 German Federal States, the possibility exists to claim a language trip as an educational leave. This means that in the case of a company of this kind, no employer can be deducted from the employer's salary. On the contrary, additional holiday days are granted! In addition, employers themselves profit from the expanded knowledge of their employees in the form of more competent employees, so that a win-win situation arises here.
- Language courses especially for working people: Many language schools offer language courses, which are specially offered for professional, professional and managerial staff. The participants will be prepared for negotiations, presentations and business meetings. The newly launched, assessment-based Sparch-school comparison platform LinguaGo shows, for example, a transparent overview of the various language courses (English, Spanish, French and Italian) as well as additional offers of language schools all over the world. They have at least two accreditations from international organizations as well as at least three years of experience.
- Certify your language skills: Thanks to special language certificates, after completing the language course and the corresponding exam, you also have "black and white" that you have reached a certain level of language. Such certificates can provide the decisive advantage over the competition, especially in future application processes. Some of the most popular and respected certificates include IELTS and TOEFL for the English language or DELF for the French language.
- Fast learning success: If you are looking for language trips, you should look for suitable offers that promise a quick learning success. Roughly speaking, one improves one language level during a four-week stay abroad. So if you are traveling with B1 skills, you will return home with B2 level. The so rapid improvement, which language courses in the home country can not guarantee by any means, lies mainly in the fact that one does not "only" learn the foreign language in class, but is confronted with it again and again in everyday life and is practically "forced" to communicate consistently in the official language of the respective country. Of course, this effect is reinforced by a stay with a host family, because then you really immerse yourself in the foreign culture and converses as well as around the clock in the language of the locals.
- International feeling important: The language course should, of course, provide accommodation in host families and lively contact with locals, because of course the international feeling plays a role in a language trip and increases its attractiveness. Because in the classroom and in the framework of the excursions organized by the school one gets automatically in contact with a large number of foreign classmates of all ages. Thanks to these acquaintances it is also possible after the end of the language study trip to continue to communicate permanently in the language learned and to intensify what has been learned.
Conclusion: A language trip offers many advantages for the career
Overall, there are many reasons for a language trip, which is why such a journey has many advantages that will benefit you in the long term for your career prospects and your career.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).