Poor language skills
You are sitting in a conversation with customers from abroad and can only talk in broken English? Your Spanish colleagues in the office speak in their mother tongue and you can not participate because you have not used your Spanish for too long? Your dream job in an Italian design company is advertised, but in the job requirements are basic skills required in Italian?
In a survey of the Economist, 75 percent of executives assessed the communicative abilities of their employees in the international context as an average or below average.
Also disturb cultural barriers
Communication is particularly difficult, however, especially when the cultural understanding that is urgently needed for international business meetings is missing in addition to the language barrier. Half of the respondents in the study said that failed communication is the main reason for mishaps in international activities.
But when you think about how much time you spend on a computer or a smartphone, what would be the half an hour a day spent investing in learning a language? Thanks to entertaining and effective apps, the lack of time to learn a language is actually no excuse anymore.
Trend: Learning languages through e-learning
The following trends are characterized by the self-study of a language:
- Learn interactively: Passive memorizing of vocabulary is, firstly, no fun and, secondly, what you have learned does not last long. Today eLearning gives you the opportunity to acquire a new language in a simple and interactive way. So you feel about by direct Feedback for pronunciation an immediate learning effect.
- Have fun: Good on-line solutions now have live online lessons with native speakers in the program. This allows the learner to use the appropriate language skills equally. It's just fun to speak in the new language, and to conduct first conversations with native speakers directly from the desk.
- Learning everywhere: Mobile learning is now the trend. It also greatly facilitates the learning of a language. You can easily take short lessons in the new language on the go with an app on your smartphone or tablet. It is important to ensure that apps are not only aimed at learning individual words, but that the language is brought into context from the beginning. Also you should not rely on your own mother tongue, but you should learn directly in the target language. Thus, one enters a new language without detours and makes rapid progress.
- Learn at any time: Another advantage of mobile apps is the possibility to learn independently of time. Especially when learning a language, there should be no limits. Whenever the personal schedule allows, and you just want to have another lesson, a simple log-in should be possible. It is important, however, that the learning progress is automatically synchronized - whether you work on the smartphone, during the lunch break on the computer or on the train with a tablet.
- See success: Trust is good, control is better. Especially when you learn a language in self-study, it is important that the e-learning tool offers a good insight into personal progress. Feedback on your own pronunciation is at the top of the list. For security in speaking a new language is the beginning of successful language learning. One not only learns to use language in everyday situations, but at the same time bring success experiences to motivation,
Commenting and winning
eLearning brings many advantages in everyday work. Do you want to convince yourself of this? Best of HR – Berufebilder.de® raffles an 6 months TOTAL online language course from Rosetta Stone to the value of 140 Euro. Just write a review for 01.04.2014.
Rosetta Stone is available in 20 languages for computers, tablets and smartphones. The Rosetta Stone Dynamic Immersion ™ method is based on the principle of "learning intuitively, safely speaking". Behind this is the conviction that the natural way in which children open up their mother tongue is also the most successful method of learning new languages.
Rosetta Stone was founded 1992 and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. The company is headquartered in Arlington, VA. Rosetta Stone also has offices in Harrisonburg, VA, Boulder, CO, Austin, TX, San Francisco, CA, Seattle, WA, Dubai, Seoul and São Paolo. The Europacentrale is located in London.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Information on the progress of our profit games here.
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).