More than the oral CV
In a self-presentation, of course, you have to perform quite a few professions. In addition to the name, this can already be finished. And that is enough for a moment, because the situation and the goal are important.
An ideal is, however, a self-concept, which is a little more than an oral CV. But if you really want to remember, use a surprise, in which he packs this data. Some examples:
- Thus a surprise can be used as a thread
- “My motto in life: start at the top - it is too difficult from the bottom. That's why I have ... ”.
- “My parents raised me, a girl, as a boy”
- “I never wanted to be a doctor because I couldn't see blood”
- An object has changed my life [eg. As braces, the dentures of the great-grandmother, etc. - possibly even high]
Use formal surprises
Another way to attract attention is to use a formal surprise. And this goes like this:
- “I'm going to get married 3 times because an astrologer predicted that when I was born”
- "Five important events shape my life: In 2030 I will be boss of xxx, in 2020 I will learn Japanese, 2010 ..." This tells life backwards from dreams to birth.
- “You can see my life in very different ways: my mother would tell it like this, my father would describe it like this, my last boss like this…” - three perspectives
The perfect entry level
In addition, a direct entry sentence that draws attention and a degree that sets an “emotional highlight” as a “highlight” helps.
Monological self-conceptions that do not result in a conversation usually last between 45 seconds and probably 10 minutes. You can prepare yourself with a “standard performance” and practice the introduction speech perfectly.
- The standard idea is built modular so that it can be cut from the back without losing any substance. Thus, the speaker has immediate control of each length
- The special situation or listener builds the speaker through thematic variations
Thus the speech is strategically always ready - but tactically flexible.
Improve the redecode
In the course of time one can then slowly expand his speech from speech to speech. You should not ask for too much at once, because even Bach does not play on the piano the first time completely.
Step by step you need to develop your skills and understand every public speech like a training. And if something does not work?
The audience wants to see the speaker win
Do not worry, the audience did not know what they were up to, and it's always benevolent except for a crisis speech. It wants to see the speaker win. This almost always happens more or less intensively - unless we talk about weeds.
Nevertheless, doctors do not learn it during their studies, managers are more intuitive users and even many ProfessorIn spite of lectures, they hold the effective speech for a foreign country. Quality rhetoric is still a foreign word for many.
Performance alone is not enough
This is especially so in Germany, where a technology-oriented, engineering-driven, service-disciplined nation was educated in the belief that core performance must be just enough to make a career and earn economic victories.
The fact that you have to convince other people through speech and talk was completely unknown to the trainers in school, crafts and studies and is mostly still today. But now there is no more success in the speech.
Symbiosis with the listeners
But speakers and listeners work on a mutualist symbiosis of collaboration. A speech is always about cooperation = the trend word of the future. The speaker helps the listener with his performance as the listener helps by reaction the speaker.
By offering information, entertainment and emotional-emotional contact, the presenter not only wants to work, but also promotes one's reputation and reputation.
The 4 maxims of a speech
The English philosopher Paul Grice formulated communication maxims, which can be read like a guide for the basic development of a speech:
- Maxime of Quantity: Be at least as informative as is necessary for the acknowledged purpose of the speech. Do not make them more informative than necessary.
- The maxim of quality: Try to be true and say nothing that you think is wrong. Do not say anything for which you have no sufficient clues.
- Maxime of relevance: Say nothing that does not belong to the topic and does not change the subject.
- Maxime of Style: Avoid ambiguity, ambiguity, unnecessary prolixity and disorder.
Learn the packaging art of speech
This is already missing in many training courses because the speech craft is not in the job descriptions. The result is too many PowerPoint presentations that do not support any of these points. If you want and have to design an effective speech performance from these basic rules, then it is important to learn the packaging art of speech. A. Busch formulated this in his booklet “Talking and Toasting” as early as 1899:
“So the art of speaking can be acquired, that's for sure. But here, as in many other things, practice alone does not make perfect. But it also requires certain instructions, rules and angles that have to be observed in order to be a successful speaker. ”
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965962545
English version: ISBN 9783965962552 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).