If you think you have to do everything yourself ...
There are many things that the self-employed mean to have to take care of: customers, who have to be reminded constantly, finally pay the fees, offices of which one still needs this or that certificate or contractors, who slumber themselves and because of them you go swimming.
And when something really goes wrong, many self-employed people are quickly available as firefighters. However, it is not always useful to immediately delete any fire. Sometimes it is better to wait a while, because some problems can be done by themselves. Sometimes it is tactically wiser.
There are many good reasons to keep your feet still:
- Because you do not know for sure whether you belong to those affected at all.
- Because it is necessary to provide for more important tasks, to which one may be called.
- Because the experts have not yet clearly shown that it is actually burning.
- Because you are convinced that the responsible people have long since been to delete
- Because, for certain reasons, it is a good thing to burn it all down.
- Because you prefer not to go into danger.
- Because you want to show the others that there is no reason to panic.
- Because it is indifferent to you.
- Because you must first notify everyone else of the outbreak of the fire.
- Because it is already too late and it is not worth it anymore.
- Because you just want to see how the others can get along without their own co-operation.
- Because it has burnt in a certain way and you are accustomed to the fact that so far everything went well.
- Because, despite the flames and smoke, you are convinced that it can not burn.
- Because you do not want to show your fear on any case.
- Because, please very, finally, delete those who have caused the fire.
- Because you have set the fire yourself and do not want to betray yourself.
- Because you did not set the fire, and delete could give the impression that you have a guilty conscience.
- Because you enjoy the grandiose sight of the conflagration
The tips come from the book "The spoilsport or The legacy of fools" by Michael Ende.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).