New world of work - #NewOfficeRoutines
Der aktuelle Trend report from Samsung Under the slogan #NewOfficeRoutines, the topic is the wide-ranging consequences of technological, socio-political and spatial change processes for the working world. The trend report was also used by various media such as WundV already received.
For the report, Samsung has interviewed several personalities who are experiencing and discussing a new mobile work routine in a special way. Underpinned by the results of current studies, the Trend Report provides readers with inspiration on how to make use of the manifold possibilities of modern working concepts and how to actively shape the workplace of the future.
"I no longer distinguish between my private life and my job." - Magdalena Rogl, Head of Digital Channels at Microsoft
Smart networked and secure work environments are at the heart of tomorrow's working world - this is what the experts in the new Trend Report agree on. In addition to innovative solutions designed to meet the requirements of the digital future, people are more than ever the central hub.
"I no longer distinguish between private life and work," said Magdalena Rogl, Head of Digital Channels at Microsoft in an interview. "I think, in fact, the potential for people's productivity goes hand in hand with the new devices, because they enable us to work when we can and want to be productive."
"Employees especially want more flexible working hours from their workplace model." - Dr. Holger Schmidt, net economist
In a world dominated by artificial intelligence, original human characteristics such as creativity and intuition will play an increasingly important role. For companies, the understanding of the interaction between the human and the digital world becomes a reality success be.
Dr. Holger Schmidt, net economist and digitalization expert, said: "Employers often see themselves as far ahead and well-prepared for 'new work' when they offer home office and equipment for mobile work. Workers want more from their Workplace model, especially flexible working hours, location-independent data access, fast network connection, paperless work and less attendance. In the competition for the best digital minds, these factors, along with the quality of the job, the compensation and the work environment, will become more important factors in choosing an employer. "
"We should not just transfer work home, but fundamentally rethink." - Simone Janson, editor Berufebilder
The experts in the Trend Report emphasize the paradigm shift in the world of work that is currently manifesting itself: "One should remember that fixed working hours and places of work are legacies from the industrial age," said Simone Janson, publisher of Berufebilder.
"But we no longer need this 9-to-5 rhythm in the information society. The idea that success is measured in terms of how long a person works is simply outdated. We should not just transfer work home, but fundamentally rethink. "
"Modern technologies that enable us to fully exploit the potential of this new world are already there - all it takes is the courage to use them." - Martin Böker, Director B2B Samsung Electronics GmbH
In addition to Magdalena Rogl, Dr. Holger Schmidt and Simone Janson report on the bloggers Vreni Frost and Sonja Köllinger of Tech and the City, Melanie Petersen of t3n, Rudolf Pütz of Vitra, and Teresa Bücker of Edition F on their individual experiences with new work routines.
Martin Böker, Director of B2B Samsung Electronics GmbH, also presented in the Trend Report five theses on working in the "open economy" 1, which address key trends in the world of work tomorrow. "The various insights show us how the increasing technological networking redefines concepts of work.
This in turn has an adaptation of existing work routines to logical consequence, which brings us to the threshold of a new age. Modern technologies that enable us to fully exploit the potential of this new world are already there - it only takes the courage to use them, "says Martin Böker, Director of B2B Samsung Electronics GmbH.
Further statements from the Trend Report:
- Teresa Bücker, Editor-in-Chief of Edition F, on the enormous potential of new work routines for people and society: "For me, New Work means above all more humanity. Work can be fun, it can help us with personal development, but New Work should also mean thinking more holistically. "
- Sonja Köllinger, blogger at Tech and the City, on the freedoms of a blogger: "Creativity does not work for me at the push of a button. How much this affects my productivity, I only noticed when I switched from the classic 9-to-5 job in a bustling agency into self-employment. In the meantime I do not want to miss the flexible lifestyle any more. "
- Melanie Petersen, editor at t3n, working away from the desk on the sabbatical in Barcelona: "The remote time has shown me how much my employer's trust in me. For me, that also increased the motivation, not to disappoint my bosses in this regard. "
- Rudolf Pütz, Managing Director Vitra Germany, on the physical transformation of office space in the course of digitization: "The individual workplace loses its importance, people look for the best option for the job they are currently doing. Today, modern office solutions are equated with open, homely working environments. "
More statements on the subject in the network
Because we also wanted to stimulate the discussion on this important topic, we also organized a blog parade and collected the following contributions to the discussion:
- Bettina Blaß writes on "Fit for Journalism" about how to work flexible Freelancer remains in balance.
- Gerhard Bauer describes on ISARBLOG Which technical equipment is needed for the spatially flexible work needs.
- The MINT ambassador Jasmin Döhling-Wölm writes in the Best of HR – Berufebilder.de®Xing group on the following topic: Only rationed breastmilk! Three Sides of One Currency: Democracy Competence, STEM Skills Recruitment and Digitalization Rates
- The Peats editorial explains how HR departments convince employees with digitization.
- Bettina Blaß has just published a second post: Curse and blessing of mobile working.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).