This entry contains content and information that may be out of date, eg due to legal or statistical changes. Because it can still be helpful to get an overview of the topic, you can still find it here.
Which hazard groups are there?
An important factor in the calculation of your insurance contributions is the danger group to which you are assigned by the insurance company.
As a guideline for a good accident insurance: For an insurance sum of 100.000 Euro and a progression of 350 per cent a woman or a man of danger group A should not pay more than 180 in the year.
And if you are to pay more than 300 Euro and more as a man in danger group B, the insurance is also unfavorable. In detail, the two hazard groups are:
- Hazard group A: It usually comprises occupations with non-physical activity, such as office activity. Commercial clerical workers, for example, are classified into this danger group.
- Hazard group B: includes occupations with physical and dangerous activities. This includes, for example, motorists or craftsmen. The tariffs are correspondingly expensive: depending on the offer, the contribution in group B can be more than twice as high as in group B.
In addition, there are different groups that are treated differently by the insurance company. It follows that: There is no insurance which provides the best protection for every group of persons;
Much more, you have to compare the insurances individually, depending on the circle of people you belong to. For some groups, the latest test results of the Stiftung Warentest (stand 0April 2007, subject to change), which you can call here)
- Some insurance companies simply exclude risky professions, such as roofers or scaffolding builders, demolitionists, or circus enthusiasts, entirely from insurance or only provide them with a leisure accident insurance. Other companies charge much higher contributions: the best rates for such dangerous professions are provided by the InterRisk ): For the tariff P300 AUB99-XL you pay 202 Euro, for the tariff P500-AUB99-XL 24Beide tariffs were rated by the Stiftung Warentest with the grade 1,4.
- Some insurance companies charge risky hikes for certain hobbies such as motorcyclists, mountaineering, diving, flying and riding. Other insurance companies reduce the benefits in the case of accidents caused by such hobbies. So compare the offers here very exactly.
- Civil servants and civil servants often pay a lower fee in special rates.
- People who are already severely handicapped or need care are generally uninsurable. People with intellectual disabilities are usually uninsured.
- People with pre-existing conditions also have disadvantages - not when the insurance is completed, but when it comes to disability benefits: if someone who had an osteoarthritis in the knee before the accident had a stiff knee, that the insurance does not recognize the degree of disability provided for, if the proportion of the disease is 25 percent or more of the disability. The insured then receives less than the agreed insurance sum. However, some societies, such as the NV in their accident-maxx conditions (for more details, see section on section tax), only draw a degree from the degree of invalidity if they contribute more than 50 per cent of the disease.
- Also seniors from the 66. Years of life sometimes have difficulties to get a suitable insurance or to continue this on previous terms. Or you receive the benefit in the event of damage not as a one-off payment, but as a monthly pension. These so-called senior rates often offer higher contributions for weaker benefits. Here it depends on the individual's ability to negotiate, to stay at the desired rate and not to be forced into a seniority plan.
- Younger people in particular are often more active, for example, in sports, and their risk of accidents is correspondingly high. It is therefore advisable to agree with 30 years the sixfold, with the 40 years the fifth and with 50 years the fourfold of your monthly income as an insurance sum - then you are also secured in the next years accordingly. Of course, with a higher insurance sum, the contributions are correspondingly higher.
- Women can usually assure themselves at the same conditions as men, with some even insuring significantly more favorably. For many providers, you are also expected to be in danger group A, regardless of the profession. The best rates for women are offered by the Ammerländer), whose exclusive rates have almost all been graded with Note 1,4: For a P300 exclusive rate, women pay 100 Euro per year, with increasing progression (P350, P400, P500) six euros more.
- Children are often already insured in the kindergarten or school or already included in the parents' policy. Therefore, the contributions for children and young people under 18 years are significantly lower than for adults: The most favorable tariff, which is the only one rated very well (note 1,5), is offered by the VHV (www.vhv.de): The P500 tariff exclusive costs 83 Euro per year. If you are to pay more than 100 Euro for a child accident insurance, this is too expensive - look for another insurance.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).