Dr. Richard Heigl is managing director of Hallo Welt! - Medienwerkstatt GmbH and co-author of the book “Social Web”. Yesterday he gave a lecture in Munich on Twittwoch about "Business inside-out with open source: ways to integrate sales, marketing, production and support."
Since I myself could not be there, Daniel Rehn of the talkabout communications gmbh (GPRA) gave me the most important theses per eMail sent, which I found very nice. Thanks for that! Heigl's theses that support my contribution Corporate culture, social media and quantum leaps: 2011, the year of the revolution? complement very well, are in detail:
1. There is never just a problem of Company on the web, but always several, such as loss of control, image problems, sales, product development, skills
Heigl rightly said that companies that approach the Web seldom have a single problem, but would like to stand in front of several:
- The usual fear of loss of control (although very few actually have control over what is being said about them, if at all),
- Image problems in perception by outsiders, because no one can say exactly what is actually going on in a company - especially SMEs -
- the distribution, which either sees social media too euphorically as a panacea or considers lazy magic and blocks this form of marketing,
- a product development that has been too far removed from the needs of customers by lack of communication,
- and the (non-) knowledge about the skills of the employees in the company, who is fit for social media.
2. The community can be found (first) in the company and then outside
If you are looking for Enterprise 2.0, do not first try to win over the outside, but look in front of your own doorstep or in-house, who can identify with the company and form the basis of a healthy growing community.
3. Remove the “inside-outside” barrier: authenticity, competence and multi-channel communication influence perception + acceptance
Anyone who opens up to the web should, according to Heigl, best place the whole company in the same position as the new communication. Also means: to allow inside view and not always just the arms cross and nothing to surrender. One should also be allowed to be human (authenticity), show competence and enter the dialogue on more than a limited channel. When all this is given, perception and acceptance are also developed in more positive directions.
4. Actually, nothing new happens. Only now it happens consciously and unconsciously!
Clear announcement. There has always been talk about business. But now companies are more aware of it - or ignore it.
5. PR becomes community management and CRM becomes customer-driven
One of the most beautiful statements of the whole of yesterday evening is that PR is actually public again and focuses on relations to / with the stakeholders / the community, while the CRM is still more strongly influenced by the customers in order to orient themselves to their needs and not just stringent at the company.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).