Black sheep ...
The more me occasionally from the application practice German Company the ears, the more I have to shake my head.
From staff who throw application kits on the ground and sort them out, which falls out. Of staff, according to the zodiac signs. And similar crass stories.
and positive examples
Of course there are also positive examples. I am thinking of Kristo Käärmann, co-founder of TransferWise, that of Facebook-Investor Peter Thiel and Virgin founder Richard Branson financed StartUp:
I found his idea during the interview very nice: “For example, we ask what applicants can do that we cannot do ourselves - such as playing the piano or a certain language. And then we ask if he or she can teach us that, ”said me Käärmann in the Intverview.
Why recruiters tremble in front of glassdoor
But the black sheep must tremble. No wonder an outcry went through the German recruiting scene when Galssdoor came to Germany a few months ago.
Because the 2008 US-based company has more than 27 million members worldwide, it brings together free and anonymous reviews, star ratings and payroll job information.
The company, which is financed by Google Capital, Tiger Global, Benchmark, Battery Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, DAG Ventures, Dragoneer Investment Group and others, is doing what the name suggests: It leaks the companies' recruiting practices and makes it clear how it is really closes behind the doors that some managers would like to keep closed.
This also applies to the subject of job interviews. Glasdoor has now taken the trouble to evaluate over a thousand questions from job interviews that German applicants have posted on the job and career community in the past 12 months.
The Top 10 of the nastiest questions
The result is this admittedly very creative top 10 list of nastiest questions in the interview - which shows that the questions do not necessarily have anything to do with the job.
- “Explain how to cook eggs perfectly.” - Placed at the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft for an applicant as a research assistant (Sankt Augustin).
- "If you were an animal, what animal would you be?" - Submitted to an applicant for an internship (Munich) by Estée Lauder.
- “How would you go about measuring the height of a building with a barometer?” - Placed at Unicredit Management Consulting to an applicant as a business analyst (Munich).
- "Which 30 companies are in the DAX?" - Placed at Roland Berger to an applicant as a consultant (no location).
- "What is your favorite event in history?" - Submitted to eFront Financial Solutions to an applicant as a business analyst (Frankfurt am Main).
- "What is your personal secret?" - Made by Apple to an applicant as Genius (Hamburg).
- "How do you call all prime numbers up to n as quickly as possible?" - Provided to Zalando to an applicant as a software developer (Berlin).
- “Please try to estimate the annual consumption of Clearasil in Germany!” - Submitted to Reckitt Benckiser for an applicant for a brand management internship (Mannheim).
- "Name 7 things you can do with this pen." - Provided to the HitFox Group to an applicant as head of customer care (Berlin).
- “Imagine a machine that can produce all the milk that Starbucks needs around the world on an average day. All you have to do is go through the right number of cows on this machine. How many Starbucks stores are there worldwide? How many cows would I need? How fast should they go through? ” - Placed at Bain Company to an applicant for an internship in consulting (Munich).
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965962361
English version: ISBN 9783965962378 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).