Black sheep ...
The more me occasionally from the application practice German Company the ears, the more I have to shake my head.
From staff who throw application kits on the ground and sort them out, which falls out. Of staff, according to the zodiac signs. And similar crass stories.
and positive examples
Of course there are also positive examples. I am thinking of Kristo Käärmann, co-founder of TransferWise, the startup funded by Facebook investor Peter Thiel and Virgin founder Richard Branson:
I liked the idea behind the job interview: "We ask, for example, what the applicants can do that we can not do ourselves - such as playing the piano or a certain language - and then ask if he or she can teach us that," I said Käärmann in the Intverview.
Why recruiters tremble in front of glassdoor
But the black sheep must tremble. No wonder an outcry went through the German recruiting scene when Galssdoor came to Germany a few months ago.
Because the 2008 US-based company has more than 27 million members worldwide, it brings together free and anonymous reviews, star ratings and payroll job information.
Funded by Google Capital, Tiger Global, Benchmark, Battery Ventures, Sutter Hill Ventures, DAG Ventures and the Dragoneer Investment Group, it does what the name implies: it leaks companies' recruiting practices and makes it clear really goes behind the doors that many managers like to keep locked.
So also the topic job interview. At Glasdoor, they have now taken the trouble to evaluate over a thousand questions from job interviews that German applicants have posted on the job and career community over the past 12 months.
The Top 10 of the nastiest questions
The result is this admittedly very creative top 10 list of nastiest questions in the interview - which shows that the questions do not necessarily have anything to do with the job.
- "Explain how to cook eggs perfectly." - Appointed at the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft to a candidate as a research associate (Sankt Augustin).
- "If you were an animal, which animal would you be?" - Presented to Estée Lauder to an applicant for an internship (Munich).
- "How would you measure the height of a building with a barometer?" - Provided by Unicredit Management Consulting to an applicant as Business Analyst (Munich).
- "Which 30 companies are in the DAX?" - Provided by Roland Berger to a candidate as a consultant (no location).
- "Which is your favorite event of the story?" - Offered at eFront Financial Solutions to an applicant as Business Analyst (Frankfurt am Main).
- "What is your personal secret?" - Posted by Apple to a candidate as Genius (Hamburg).
- "What do you call all primes up to n as fast as possible?" - Posted by Zalando to an applicant as Software Developer (Berlin).
- "Please try to estimate the annual consumption of Clearasil in Germany!" - Provided by Reckitt Benckiser to an applicant for a Brand Management Internship (Mannheim).
- "Tell me 7 things you can do with this pen." - Presented to an applicant by the HitFox Group as head of customer service (Berlin).
- "Imagine a machine that can produce all the milk that Starbucks needs on an average day around the world, with only the right number of cows passing through that machine, how many Starbucks stores there are in the world, how many cows I would How fast would they have to go through? " - Presented at Bain Company to an applicant for an internship in counseling (Munich).
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).