8 Tips for the return
During pregnancy and childbirth, many women ask themselves: how can the time before and after look like? Are there any grandparents coming in or do you need to find a perfect Mary Poppins? And how can one make the return to the job as easy as possible? 8 tips for optimal re-entry:
- Search for a kindergarten: At the latest in the sixth month of pregnancy, you should go in search of a kindergarten place. Plan before the birth of your child, when and how you want to work again. Maybe it's worth it to look for a private caregiver with other women. For example, you could address other expectant mothers to your gynecologist or birth preparation course. Parents, both of whom are employed, can claim two thirds of the childcare costs.
- Plan part-time: Would you like to go part-time during parental leave? You may work a maximum of 30 hours per week during parental leave. You must provide this request in writing to your employer no later than seven weeks before the start of this activity. I recommend you to announce this wish during pregnancy. Also think about that CompanyIt has to be able to plan - and know if and how it can count on you.
- Home Office: Discuss with your employers the possibility of home office in conjunction with attendance hours or meeting options. Your employer may be willing to equip you technically so that this is not a hurdle. It is easy to work on programs like Teamviewer from home in the Bürserchner. It is very important to seek offensive discussions with the supervisor and make concrete proposals.
- Stay informed: Your knowledge of the company must stay up to date even during a break. They can meet colleagues and exchange ideas with them during training breaks to bring them up to date. In addition, your superiors take a positive view of this commitment. You are interested in your job and the company.
- Analyze and update profile: If you are planning to change your company after the break, I recommend carrying out a profile analysis with a career coach before returning to work. What skills do you lack for your desired job goal and how can you acquire it? In addition, you can get tips on how to optimally prepare your application documents. Often, a break or part-time is the ideal opportunity to start a course of study, also in distance learning.
- Expand network: What does your network look like? Having personal contacts gives you immense information benefits. Go through your hands-on stages in the resume. Where can you tie up, who should you meet again or again? What does the network look like around your children? Are there any parents who work in an industry or in a company that you find exciting? Dare to be open to these people, and specifically ask you about options. That's how I found my job in the office of Svenja Hofert seven years ago.
- Dare to be active online: Do not be afraid of social media. Some have already found their job by informing their Facebook friends about the search. I often see job postings shared on Facebook that never appear on Stepstone. At Xing, you can also announce your search. Try to position yourself as concretely as possible with the help of your Xing profile and make full use of the offered categories. Especially the relatively new section "Portfolio" you can equip with your experience and skills. Use keywords and terms that recruiters enter, not words.
- Communicating strengths openly: Be aware of your strengths and stand confidently for your small or extended child pause. If one or more children are cared for, the household is organized and parallel is further educated, stress-resistant and empathic.
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).