Summer is here. In street cafés, barbecues and summer parties, people come closer. And even colleagues like to invite you to spend the evening together in collegial circles - eg in the beer garden or at a barbecue.
But then the difficulties begin: How do you react to people with whom you work professionally in the evenings during the day? How can you be free?
Looking for recognition
Because: If we are in a group, each with a cocktail glass in hand, there is nothing better, warmer and more uplifting than the feeling: “Wow! They all listen to me! And they love me! They love me! ”
Some people quickly forget the right amount and talk about their head and collar in a caring manner. If you know a few rules of the game, you can leave the evening relaxed, but good manners are still as good as at Knigges.
7 tips for a successful small talk with colleagues
Of course, the forms of dealing have become more modern, but they are still the expression of the inner attitude and the respect towards the other. If you do not want to spoil your colleagues, you should consider a few basic rules.
- Punctuality is a must! If you go out together right after work, that's no problem. If you only meet later in the evening, punctuality is a must. Those who arrive late are rude and disrespectful to those waiting. If you meet in a public place, you can be no more than five minutes late. When visiting someone at home, don't be more than 15 minutes late. If something should come up, please let us know by phone or SMS that you are going to be late.
- Present guest presents: If you are invited to someone's home, it is also important that you - in a classic way - present a bottle of wine, a bunch of flowers or a similar present.
- Title: It is up to you and your colleagues whether you choose “you” or “you” as a salutation. Whoever uses you creates closeness, whoever saves opts for a little more distance. Ultimately, you should choose the salutation that you feel more comfortable with. This avoids coming into the office the next morning hungover and staring at each other with an embarrassing expression.
- Authencity and Respect: Meet your colleagues with authenticity, interest and respect. This also means that you turn off your mobile phone if possible, in order to be able to pay full attention to the calls. If you need to stay in touch, switch off the phone and search for necessary calls in a quiet corner so as not to bother anyone.
- Smoking: Of course, if you want to smoke, you'll have to wait until your colleagues have finished eating. Otherwise, you should definitely ask if it bothers him or her if you smoke - before you pull the cigarette pack out of his pocket
- Business: If your call partner offers you a business card, please take a moment to look at it and do not put it away immediately. Your own business cards should look neat and should not be kinked, otherwise they will not leave the best impression.
- The colleagues annoy - and now? What happens if you only realize now that the colleague, who otherwise knows her only from greeting on the floor, is a total nuisance? If, during the course of the meeting, you find that your interlocutor is bored with you and you do not really have any closer interest in him or her, it is still a matter of courtesy not to stand up and leave immediately. If you wait for a while and remain polite, you may also abbreviate the meeting a little bit. But do not let anything stand out.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourse on demand or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Read customer feedback and buy a book on this topic at a discount: Do you like this text and want to read more information about it? Buy the right book including this text, buy it here in two languages, as a member even with a 20 percent discount. Would you like to take a look at the book first? You can do this by previewing the book look at and then purchase on the book page.
German edition: ISBN 9783965961173
English version: ISBN 9783965961890 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).