Social media is the technical term for certain communication offers on the Internet. When you sign up with your personal information as a member, these social networks provide storage for photos, videos, testimonials, and self-marketing.
You can share them with the community and get in touch with other members. Access to social networks is free, but the price the customer for the disclosure of private data. Therefore, Radinger recommends to read the terms and conditions in advance.
- Use social media - and stay critical: Social networks can facilitate and enrich the relationship, but also carry risks. Choose your networks and contacts wisely. Also pay attention to communication style and content so you do not suffer any disadvantages.
- Make a critical selection of social networks: Consider how you want to use the respective social networks - professionally or privately. You should avoid mixing and critically assess what information you provide. Personal topics should not be spread out in the public, because there is the message function.
- Think of your image / your brand: Not only friends, but also potential business partners use social networks to get a picture of you. Your credibility and your image will suffer if the performance is not consistent. Choose photos that you also use in your business life, or private photos that are intact. Personal images should also protect the privacy of others, they should be asked for permission before uploading.
- Distance: Leave it to your customers to add you as "friends", because rank counts as well. Inquiries should be made consciously and not give the impression that one collects randomly new contacts, because not every professional relationship must appear in a social network.
- Should you reject unwanted requests? Yes absolutely. You could send a friendly feedback confirming only personally known persons as friends. This will help avoid misunderstandings and speak for you.
- Do not bother your contacts: Do not bother your "friends" with annoying games and applications. If you limit your communication to playful requests only, you'll be quickly ignored.
- Stay friendly: Keep the forms of courtesy. Even if all network partners are displayed as "friends", a sudden dueling between business partners does not go down well. A correct salutation and a polite farewell are part of contact inquiries and increase your chances of being accepted. In social networks, the same forms of courtesy apply as in business or private life.
- Respond humorously: Do not delete inconvenient entries from your bulletin board, but react humorous instead of dogged. Decisive is not the entry, but your reaction. If necessary, block anyone in your contact list who you find unpleasant.
- Watch for incoming messages: Check your messages regularly and reply as well as yours eMails, at least once a day. Only when you respond directly to entries, the conversation remains alive.
- The Internet does not forget anything! Before each post, consider whether it will be good for your image later. Would you make that statement in real life too? The internet does not forget anything. Many customers/Company are also represented on social networks and read your entries. Correct spelling and grammar are also valid here. Everything written in capital letters means that you scream. If one discovers an error in an already posted comment, it is best deleted and rewritten.
- Provide recommendations: Use your networks also to write tips on interesting books, movies, or even products. In between, you can also apply your own products, but in moderation. Do not bother your contacts with aggressive advertising. Social networks are not sales platforms. Advertising postings on the pinboards of other networks are considered very rude.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).