From the author:
Enjoy the real world
Show the virtual world that you are not dependent on it. The internet is there for you and not you for the internet. Just take time for yourself. Without digital devices and without the pressure to be online.
Enjoy the real world: with real friends. With real experiences. With real happiness. And real success. Ask the following questions:
Why do you read this text?
Why are you reading this text? Do you already have the results you want? If not, it is undoubtedly that you do not use at least parts of their time in the best possible way.
I emphasize that when you're on the road, this is one of the areas you need to optimize if you are seriously interested in a better result.
Action Steps - from the know-how to the Do-now
Recall the following:
- Social media affects less than one percent of the purchase decisions on the Internet. How many new customers have you already won?
- Are you a social media junkie or would you like to be distracted by Facebook and Co.?
- Limit the time you spend on social networks every day.
- Provide the care of your company accounts in the hands of professionals.
Whenever you realize that you have too much of something (with the exception of time, power, and money, perhaps), you think about what you can do about it.
Have you ever seriously started a diet? The basis is always the same: it is about less. Whether you eat too much, work too much or use too many media at once, restriction or abstinence are the key words.
When the time for real life in the digital world is lost, I have to make sure that I restrict the use of social media.
This is the only way I can recapture the time factor for me personally. And as with any diet, the success depends on making a plan.
What does the diet plan look like?
With a diet plan you can control your eating habits, with a usage plan you can get your digital media behavior under control.
If you actually recognize tendencies of a social media addiction, a social media diet could be the solution. How could a media diet look like? Here 10 steps to success:
How the Internet determines our lives
The Internet, digitization and mobile devices increasingly determine our lives in all areas. For some people, however, this has become a veritable addiction, they can not stop sometimes to deal with digital topics and social media.
When the limit to addiction is reached, everyone has to decide for themselves. For example, sharing with others can help to determine if behavioral change is really necessary. So here's 10 tips on Digital Detox.
10 Tips for Digital Detox
- Talk with friends and acquaintances about your own addiction to find out if a social media diet is necessary. Others - especially your partner - often have a clearer view.
- Anyone who has recognized its dependence on social media should first try to curb consumption drastically. Log into social networks only once a day for the duration of, for example, 30 minutes.
- In the morning, work strictly offline on important projects up to a predefined time.
- Limit the Internet access via Smartphone, Blackberry or iPhone to a maximum of 30 minutes per day.
- The demand for current news from the social network decreases, if in the own attitudes releases per eMail be displayed via status messages and news.
- Clear Facebook applications on your phone - that supports endurance.
- For particularly stubborn cases: Use software that takes control of you for a certain period of time. You set a time, and the software blocks pre-defined pages, mail programs, or the entire Internet during that time. These programs are especially helpful when you need concentrated work.
- Take at least once a week, ideally on the weekend, no computer technology in the hand. Spend the hours only with family or friends.
- The medium-term goal of such a diet could be to leave one working day per month entirely on the Internet. A so-called offline-day. Try it.
- Once a month, spend one day completely offline. No mails, no Xing, no Facebook, no Twitter, no Qype, no Skype - nix! Also do not have the cell phone. Only concentrated work. This is productive!
Conclusion: renouncement is worthwhile
These tips 10 show: Even if it is sometimes radical and also quite hard: Abandon, at least for a while at least digitally switch off, can really be worthwhile. This gives you completely new impressions.
However, as with other things, it is important to be really consistent in order to really achieve success!
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).