This entry contains content and information that may be out of date, eg due to legal or statistical changes. Because it can still be helpful to get an overview of the topic, you can still find it here.
Switching to private funds is made more difficult
It is even more difficult to switch to a private bank: Compulsory insured persons are only allowed to switch to a private bank if their income has been higher than 3975 Euro per month for three consecutive years instead of one year. Only those who are not compulsorily insured can insure themselves in a statutory health insurance fund.
Unfortunately, the selection of a suitable private health insurance is much more complicated than in the case of the statutory health insurance funds, whose services are largely identical and therefore allow for a good comparability. The private coffers, on the other hand, can define their services and tariffs freely and make use of this possibility. To ensure that you do not lose sight of the multitude of offers, you should make your selection and step by step.
The services of the private coffers
The services of private individuals are significantly more extensive than those of the statutory health insurance funds. The amount of the contribution depends on the sex, age of entry and pre-existing illnesses - and on the benefits.
The more services, the more expensive it gets. Therefore, first of all, consider which services you need: Do you have basic medical care at the basic rate or do you want to have a head physician treatment in the hospital? The following checklist should help you with the decision.
Checklist: What services can you expect from private health insurance?
- Preferred treatment in the doctor's office
- free choice of medical doctors
- few waiting times by appointment agreement
- at any time doctor's change without referral
- newest - alternative or very expensive - treatments and medicines
- free prescription of all medicines
- Free of charge for all medicines and medicines
- free choice among licensed medical practitioners
- Natural healing procedures and alternative healing methods, eg massages
- Costs also for anti-reflective or tinted spectacle lenses
- Costs for spectacle frames between 100 and 250 Euro
- Reimbursement for hard or soft gas-permeable lenses
- European or worldwide validity without additional contributions
- free choice of the hospital
- Chief physician treatment
- Accommodation in single or double room
- Hospital Cash
- no share of hospital costs
- free choice of dentist, no favoring inexpensive materials
- Reimbursement for dental treatment up to 100 percent - also inlays will be refunded
- Costs for dentures up to 100 percent. Also implants and expensive dentures are paid
- Costs for orthodontics up to 100 percent
- Performance according to the agreed rate of sickness insurance, until full
- net income
Once you have understood what you want, you should get an overview of the offers. A number of comparison sites on the Internet give you a first aid, in which you can enter at least a limited number of options and thus gain a first impression of which health insurance is suitable.
If you are a member of a professional association, ask if there is a favorable group contract for members who can save a few percent.
Not only the price counts
However, when choosing your private health insurance, you should pay attention not only to a favorable price-performance ratio, but also to the stability of your contributions, since you choose your insurance for the rest of your life.
A return to the statutory health insurance is only possible if you are up to the 55. As an employee, and earn less than the annual insurance requirement.
Check the seriousness of insurance
In order to protect you against such nasty surprises, you should check the reliability of various insurance companies using various criteria. Ask for it yourself or consult independent institutions such as the Consumer Center or an insurance broker. In addition, you can search for the experience of other insured persons in Internet forums. The following checklist shows you what to look for:
The map report provides a comprehensive, critical and objective rating of 17 health insurance. The m-rating compares the long-term market development of the insurance companies in the last 30 years, the p-rating the short-term development in the last 5 years on the basis of data such as balance sheet ratios or complaints.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).