Professional and working world: objective and serious?
Occupational and career themes are regarded as so-called serious topics. Therefore, the subject should be treated as objectively as possible. At least according to the legend.
Because who longer with the procedures in the everyday work and the functioning of Company is busy at the end: Often it is anything but businesslike, on the contrary, it manages quite a lot in many companies.
7 secret tips for career and success
So let's forget the serious theory, let's look at what is really useful and successful in your career. The following overview provides an overview of 7 career erythes.
- When it comes to presentations, it's all about the content? Not correct! As a rule, the audience does not want to get bored. Although there are also those who come simply because of the information content in an event and then are over angry about too much show effects. However, studies show that most listeners are impressed, then entertained, encouraged and only informed at the very end - in exactly the same order.
- But above all, stay authentic. Presumably, it is a matter of taste, which is best over - and indeed a matter of your own taste (nothing works worse than an attached lecture). To be authentic does not mean to talk past the audience. Always find the golden middle ground!
- In addition, so my experience, very much depends on the emotions. And since, according to my experiences, power point presentations tend to be hindering: because quickly there is the danger that one is entrenched behind the presentation and the slides or at least too much along the slides. Matthias Pöhm is also radically radical: He considers Powerpoint to be a reliable attention killer, ideal for slumbering listeners and making lecturers to the waste of their own charts. Instead of using Powerpoint, he advises spontaneously to work on flipcharts, because the listeners can then track how an argument arises.
- To show emotions at all: TV format like DSDS and the successes of many Youtbers make it, market marketing experts already know for a long time: Who wants to cheer customers and bosses must show feelings. Reason: The human brain receives information that links it with feelings. If the feelings are positive, the customer rather buys. Some scientists even go so far as to claim that 70 is made up to 80 percent of all decisions unconsciously. However, feelings in professional life are anything but professional.
- However, it is important that they are positive emotions, because people want to be inspired. The following applies: Show some feelings in your professional life. Awaken sympathies. Thus, you often achieve more with the customer than with pure expertise. Conversely, with negative emotion, you can often break more than you think. Simply because people are like that. Try out!
- This is especially the case for salary negotiations: whoever only demands, laments, becomes theatrical and dramatic will not succeed with his wishes. For a good negotiation is not just about finding a compromise, it is also important that both sides get out of the matter without a loss of face. In this context, it may even be sensible to steer a trial with Karacho into the impasse and thus arrive at detours.
- When you negotiate with clients or bosses, you should stick to four principles: separate people and problems from each other. Negotiate interests - not positions. Develop options that are mutually beneficial. The result must be based on objective criteria. This strategy comes from the so-called Harvard concept developed at the US university of the same name.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).