Does automation destroy jobs?
Indeed analyst Mariano Mamertino has so far Best of HR – Berufebilder.de® Almost 4.000 readers informed about the impact that automation can have on the job market - and which occupations also in Future.
Other experts speak of drastic changes and rapid job losses. The reactions to the article show that many people are worried about their jobs as a result of drastic changes in recent years, not least because of digitization.
Fear of the imaginary threat
This is understandable, but still problematic: because with such fears in the back head, an imaginary Damocles sword often floats above one that paralyzes one's own productivity and in the worst case even makes it ineffective.
It is better if there is a real reason to fear a termination, to consider what one can do well. For many, the dismissal is such a shock that they are doing the wrong wronglessly, because they can not at this moment fully grasp the whole scope of the situation.
This is not only due to the existential threat posed by this situation, but also to the social stigma associated with this situation for many people, because collegial friendships, the personal social fabric and also a certain amount of work often hang in the workplace.
Termination - the first reaction
A first step is therefore to admit that you are in shock at all - and first of all nothing undertake At least nothing that requires a sensible, rational decision.
Anger and anger should also be better kept in such moments, for those who are on a confrontation course will defend themselves against it and this will only reduce the basis for future negotiations on the conditions of leaving.
Just do not sign anything!
Almost more importantly, do not sign anything in such a situation, especially not a cancellation contract. Because its agreements are binding and can not be reversed by you later!
Anyone who wants to sue his dismissal has three weeks to do so. No reason, therefore, to let the employer put under pressure, if, for example, the signing of a canceling contract.
Always be prepared
It is better to wait in silence until the first shock sets in and you can think again clearly. Then, you should discuss with trusted persons of your choice, your partner, friends, a coach and a lawyer.
But even in advance, you can prepare for a possible termination: Since today everyone should expect to lose his job again, you should ensure that the resume is a salable product at all times - preferably, by constantly thinking about it Informs what qualifications are needed in the job market and regularly scours job advertisements.
10 Immediate action for job loss
What should you do if you become unemployed? The situation is not easy. We show how dealing with the termination can still succeed. And what the 10 are the most important first aid measures.
- Open eyes! If you suspect that a contract is imminent, you can prepare yourself: pay attention to what is happening in your company, clarify smoldering conflicts - this helps to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Only no actionism! : Do not react from anger or fear somehow, but first think in peace and then proceed in a timely manner!
- Do not sign anything! Often, during the break-up talk, there is already a cancellation contract ready on the table. Do not be put under pressure: whoever signs the cancellation contract can not change it later.
- Think time requested: Ask for time to think - at least for a few days. In the meantime, you should consult a lawyer for legal advice and seek advice.
- No self-pity! : A time of mourning is required after a job loss. But do not waste time with unproductive self-reproaches, but rather with the help of a coach, consider whether you yourself have made mistakes and what you want to do differently in the future.
- They are not defenseless: Even if you feel overwhelmed by the job loss and feel that you are faced with the facts, make sure you can do something!
- Think positively: First, write down anything negative about the situation. Then ask yourself: “What can I not change myself?” and "What can I do about it actively?"
- Use any help: They do not have to stand by you all by themselves. Look for support in private life. Husbands, partners, friends and family members can show you that you as a person are worth something without work.
- Looking for professional help: Often the family can only offer consolation. A coach can help with the reorientation after a crisis and in professional networks you can learn about new job opportunities.
- The settlement settles: A lawyer not only helps with a lawsuit, but advises you comprehensively on your rights - for example, when it comes to your severance pay: lawyers know which different factors can play a role in your individual situation and they know the currently valid legal provisions.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Book on the topic with discount: This text is also available in book form and you can buy the title here in two languages. You can also preview the book first look at and then purchase directly on the book page with a 20 percent member discount.
German edition: ISBN 9783965960787
English version: ISBN 9783965960794 (Translation notice)
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).