What is important?
It is necessary to stand out from the crowd and to communicate unmistakably in order to leave an impression. Above all, it is about the first impression that counts. A well-thought-out form of personalization remains with the applicants in the head and leads in the best case also to good applications.
The most important are clearly understandable statements, free from general descriptions. The following criteria must be fulfilled:
- a clear, self-explanatory job title
- a clear description of the tasks, which gives an accurate picture of the future workplace - always with the aim of getting the applicant in the forefront of the Casting in the head to pick up (keyword: Involvement)
- A realistic profile that clarifies what KO criteria and what requirements are "nice to have" - it is especially important for companies or recruiters themselves to be aware that the choice of words is crucial. There is a clear difference between "desirable" and "desirable".
12 tips for the perfect formulation of a job advertisement
Texts are craftsmanship and headache, so there is always a certain technical requirement. Therefore, for all formulations:
- The perfect position display is as short as possible and as long as necessary - depending on the medium
- Companies have to stand out from each other and avoid randomness
- The following triad has proved its worth so far, whereby the second and third point should complement each other: Who am I (as a company)? What do I offer (as a job)? Why should you decide (as an individual) for this job?
- What does the applicant have to work at XY? The offer to the applicant must be convincing and uniquely formulated.
- To stand out, creativity and talent for language are needed. Which company does not claim to be able to offer "an innovative company with a pleasant working atmosphere"? Especially on the linguistic level can move a lot here, also offers the opportunity to stand out.
- (Eg unnecessary soft skills in the profile - better if at all necessary in the task description)
- The content of the text must be appropriate to the medium
- The medium and the way in which the content is consumed determine the form (eg Print vs. Desktop vs. Mobile - with digital content the SEO factor is always added)
- A good text that inspires the target group is not a matter of course. Too often the subject areas, which pretend the content, lack the view through the spectacles of the candidates (keyword: Candidate Experience)
- Even if the job advertisement is a "traditional" means, you have to keep up with the phrasing of the times
- Anyone who is able to arouse honest interest with a job advertisement and to get the applicant to keep himself informed, for example through the company's career website, comes closer to his desired candidate.
- The aim is to meet the target groups and their needs. Choice of words, expression and style must fit. You have to deliver content that interests and inspires you.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).