Too many jumps and deviations in the CV are usually harmful
Who would you hire? The applicant with an 1A CV? Graduated from a prestigious university, first job with a prestigious Company, after two years project manager, after three years of leadership.
Or the applicant, who has changed the subject three times, in order to decide for an apprenticeship and then change his job every two years?
Most HR managers and managers attach importance to a stringent CV. Why?
A straightforward CV means determination; it shows that the applicant can pick up, penetrate, and bring to a successful conclusion. Above all, such a CV also suggests that the applicant is really interested in his subject.
If there are fractions or minor deviations in your CV, expect critical inquiries in the interview. Here are some practical tips on how to react responsibly and to convince the staff chef:
- If your curriculum vitae has several short professional positions, you will already be able to explain the respective interrelations in the written CV and explain them in an authentic conversation.
- If you have changed your subject, it is important that your potential employer can understand your motivation. Put yourself in his position: what would convince you?
- Do not avoid sensitive topics: You want to change the employer, for example during the probationary period? Avoid blaming and explain objectively what you dislike about the current position. But also make mistakes on your part if you have not communicated expectations sufficiently.
Find his calling
The key point is that everyone can be successful and make a career - provided he decides on the profession that inspires him and also his actual talents.
Can you imagine Bill Gates as a lawyer? Or Michael Dell as a doctor? Hardly, because their abilities, their interests lie in other fields than the fields of study that they had chosen. However, recognizing this is the real challenge, whether it be a career decision or a reorientation.
Here are some tips:
- As banal as it sounds, deal with your talents: What is particularly easy for you? Where do you forget the time?
- Ask friends and relatives where they see you.
- Remember your childhood: What was your dream job at that time? If you wanted to become an astronaut, maybe you are now interested in studying aerospace.
- Think about what to say about them when you go to retirement. Imagine being a family member, a friend and a work colleague holding a speech about you - what do you want these people to say about you?
Convince with self-efficacy and authenticity
Anyone who is aware of his self-efficacy, who assumes responsibility for his life, will also be able to position himself authentically to non-idealistic positions in his CV.
After all, real life experience also means to have confessed to some or other wrongdoing.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).