5 tips for blog articles that are really read
In what I read daily however in the net so, one must unfortunately often speak of text accidents. And the scared guarantees the web reader. If you want to stand out from the bland blogs, there is only one thing: writing first-class texts. No ifs and buts.
That's the only way to increase the number of readers and leads because your great blog posts are shared. And there will be more conversion in the medium term.
What do you have to pay attention to when writing? I'll show you here.
1. Your blog article - guides the reader through a clear text structure
The web reader is an extremely impatient species that scans an online text page in 10 seconds. 55% of web users spend less than 15 seconds on your website. In this period the reader wants to know: what is offered? Do I have any use of it? The better you structure your text with eye anchors, the easier the reader can handle. And stay on your website.
- Headline - Here you should grab the reader in his life desires and dreams. 8 visitors to 10 read the headline, but only 2 10 the rest of the text. The headline does not necessarily have to specifically describe the content of the article. Another tip: Headlines with numbers have the greater attraction according to several studies.
- Intersections - They are an absolute duty because they guide the reader through the text labyrinth like a common thread. And they are both appetizers, should be curious to make the following paragraph.
- Paragraphs - One paragraph per paragraph is the rule of thumb. So paragraphs do not turn into mini-novels. And also within the paragraph, use small anchors in the form of structural words such as first, then, after all, in total, and for a conclusion thus, therefore, therefore, therefore. These little words have a great effect, because the reader can orient themselves on them.
- Punctuation marks - Use the special punctuation marks such as dashes and colonies. Please do not increase the use to the hallucination at the reader, because then the anchor effect. You should not use staples except for abbreviations because they interfere with the reading flow.
- Enumerate - Enumerate lists in the text, with numbers, bullets, or checkmarks. Enumerations remain in the reader's head and are also rewarded by Google for the ranking.
2. Your Blog Article - contains reader brain friendly sentences
Let us now come to the proposition itself. An ideal main set contains 15 to 20 words. Already with 25 and more words, the short-term memory of the reader is overstrapped and the web reader is rapidly increasing. Do not produce tapeworms. Here are two tips:
- The main set contains the main item. Subordinate clauses are subordinate and are intended to inform about the conditions and circumstances of the main object.
- When attachments are attached to the main set, they intermittently interrupt the read flow.
Here are two examples of an ideal sentence consisting of one main sentence and two minor sentences:
- Because of the special expenses, the city lacks an amount which was previously sufficient to finance several kindergartens.
- Customers most often complain that a shipment was not delivered even though they were home all day.
3. Your blog article - delights the reader with specific expressions
Avoid general expressions. After each sentence you should pause briefly and ask yourself if it is more accurate. In any case, this is worth the effort, because only with concrete formulations and descriptions do you address the senses of the reader. And this is what the reader is fond of: a sensual textual experience that produces images in his head. So instead write:
- We work in a nice atmosphere.
- We work in an atmosphere that gives off the scent of coffee and refreshing ideas.
4. Your blog article - does not bother with fill words
Speech bubbles creep especially from the oral language in the blog text, which he usually does not get well. Here are some samples:
- The (actual) main theme has been postponed.
- We have achieved a good result.
- The discussion was not (really) purposeful.
- Politicians can easily (comparatively) easily reinvent themselves.
- At the meeting (content), new development goals were pursued.
- Why are these harmless appearing unhealthy for your web text? Because the online reader hates nothing more than time-consuming reading.
Delete as many superfluous words as possible. Be merciless, otherwise it is the reader - he just clicks away. Yes, even so dispensable syllables as in this example must believe:
- Every day I hear such sentences. In the vast majority of cases, I no longer notice the swelling words.
Here are four syllables that I save when I write:
- Every day I hear such sentences. In most cases, I no longer notice the bloating words.
Admittedly, here and there, and sparingly and meticulously interwoven, verbally used words contribute to the conversation, which may also be in a business blog between times. But, according to experience, we mostly use in the blog article too many phrases from the language of communication as too little. The ridge between a healthy, living text and a virus infected with the Laber virus is very narrow.
Always keep in mind: every deleted word is ballast and makes it easier for the web reader to read.
5. Your blog article - crowned by great language pictures
How can you give your text real high-gloss so that the reader's eyes can be seen on the screen? Quite simply: with language pictures. These are the crème de la crème for every blog article. In my blog, I have already dealt with the three stylistic figures, metaphor and personification, and provided a step-by-step guide for their own new language images. For, note: nothing makes the reader more than metaphors and phrases! Or do you listen to such sentences?
- But this problem was just the tip of the iceberg.
- This measure is just a drop on the hot stone.
Just. Probably the opposite is the case, the gait reflex makes your muscles twitch. What makes the online reader, however, the path-click-key forgotten, are fresh, still not passed language pictures like this one here:
- He answers eMails biting as fast as a cobra.
- The growing industry gradually eats the surrounding landscape.
Imagine, the tone of the superior you are facing is a wire brush that scrambles in your ear canal.
Such pictures remain in the memory, guaranteed.
With a good language, you will stand out brilliantly from fader blog article bulk goods. And so attract the readers into their spell. Please pay attention:
- a clear text structure
- brain-friendly sentence lengths (15-20 words)
- concrete formulations
- little filling words
- shining, own language pictures
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).