The stress with the onlineCasting
It's quite time-consuming to apply using the online form: job entrants and job changers have to re-enter their data for different employers over and over again. There is no standard application with company-specific letter or CV - as with the classic or eMailcanditature.
In addition, some applicants perceive the very structured form as a guideline - and miss opportunities for individual presentation. But if you look at the whole thing through the glasses of the recruiter in the company, you will get some arguments for the structured online application - and important hints on how to apply as successfully as possible:
7 tips for the structured online application
- Recruiters favorite: The majority of recruiters love structured online applications. When many candidates apply for a single position, companies need application data in the most structured way possible. Then the selection process takes much less time and effort. Even with employers who offer different application paths, most recruiter first look at the structured online applications. In the case of a very large number of applicants, this leads to the fact that the applications, which are less easy to process, are sent by mail or eMail no longer be considered. This means for applicants: In case of doubt for the online form.
- Wrong romance: Applicants often hold romantic "man against machine" thoughts when it comes to online applications via forms. As a result, "real people" rather judge the positive overall impression than mechanical systems. Many applicants believe that online application by form will bring rigid standard criteria into the application process.
- Selection criteria are easier to handle: The truth: From the recruiter's point of view, the procedure makes only fixed selection criteria easier to handle. Hard selection criteria have always existed - even at the times of the good old application folder. Structured e-recruiting systems simply make these criteria better, and in part, manageable. Applicants who do not have the hardest conditions fall through the grid, with or without a structured online application.
- Long-term application benefits: The data from structured online applications are used by many companies to keep long-term contact with interesting applicants, even if there is currently no job offer. This gives applicants additional chances. Such a long-term talent management requires electronic systems. And they can work better with structured data.
- No annoying compulsory exercise: There are mandatory fields and voluntary fields in the online application. From the viewpoint of the recruiters, however, the latter are anything but superfluous. Applicants, who are always restricted to mandatory fields, quickly get the impression of disinterest. Candidates should use all possibilities to present themselves in detail, otherwise the recruiters get the impression of lack of interest or even the suspicion that there is something to conceal. For this reason, applicants should also use the possibility to upload documents.
- Serious matter: Online applications by form are as serious a matter for recruiter as the classic application by post. There is no online bonus for sloppiness. Therefore, applicants should also be aware of the consistency of the CV in this form. The curriculum vitae must be presented in the same way as a paper or paper eMailcanditature.
- Please be careful when filling in: Applicants must also complete online forms with the utmost care. Everything else looks very amateurish. Often there are spelling mistakes, style blossoms or an inappropriately informal tone in form applications. These are just as hard an exclusion criteria for form applications as they are for classic paper applications. Therefore, a check is necessary before applicants press the send button. The corresponding preview should be printed out in advance and carefully proofread on paper.
Conclusion: Online applications on the rise
Even though many applicants are annoyed when they have to enter their data cumbersome in online forms: Online applications are definitely too practical for companies to not be on the rise.
Applicants will have to get used to these procedures even more than before. At the same time, businesses should simplify online job applications - otherwise the skilled workers will be faster in the competition than they would like.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).