Please no automatisms!
After all, human factors also play an important role in business relationships. And especially on special occasions, friendship, contemplation and reflection should play a role. The best opportunity, then, to use these soft skills for the job, eg to maintain your personal contact network and establish important contacts.
However: That's why automatically sent print postcards or loveless selected standard presents are rather out of place.
Networking: Less is more
The old networking rule "less is more" applies. In other words, a few, but very good contacts prefer to send Christmas greetings as indiscriminate. It is much more important to give the recipient the feeling that the greeting is very special to him.
One should never give the impression that it is only a form of duty fulfillment, which indicates disinterest or even lovelessness. Ideal are therefore Christmas postcards that address the addressee personally instead of "Dear customers" - and a personal signature.
Standing out from the crowd with a personal approach
Who from the mass of eMailEmails a personal, tailored to the customer or business partner motif.
One more beautiful than eMails and postcards are small presents. But even then you can do a lot wrong. For example, the presents should be in many Company be sent in bulk, not too cheap, that could insult the recipient, and it should be as neutral as possible.
Pay tribute and respect
As a general rule, gifting business partners with recognition and respect for their work and their gratitude for their loyalty.
But this also means, conversely, that those who are dissatisfied with their present can not quickly recognize themselves and feel humiliated by others. Therefore, it is important in a professional context, to consider the choice of the gift exactly.
The more personal the better
Reported by small, but all the nicer gestures of managers for their employees Best of HR – Berufebilder.de®-Author and management coach Dorothee Echter in Harvard Business Manager: For example, from the head of a group in Europe, who helped build the classroom at a school in Uganda at the turn of the year and then sent the photos to business partners.
A manager who invites your business partners to stroll through the Christmas market and spice up mulled wine with cinnamon cookies. Or the German strategy chief, who brings German chocolate Santa Claus to his colleagues in Shanghai. No expensive gifts - and yet they come from the heart and therefore often reach more than expensive gifts.
8 tips: How to use festive occasions for networking
Festive occasions are always an opportunity of inner reflection. So use them for networking. 8 tips tell you how:
- Maintain contacts: Do not leave it with the exchange of business cards, but maintain important contacts regularly.
- No less is more, but small is more: Oversized gifts and packaging should be avoided. Show that you have thought along.
- The more personal, the better: Your greeting should signal interest in the other person. The more personal he is, the better.
- It depends on the little gestures. Example: Write your new contact immediately after each important meeting throughout the year.
- Gifts according to the interests: Ask about the interests of your conversation partners and remember them. Then you can hand over suitable gifts at the right time.
- No mass mailing: Dear send a few customers something and raushauen properly instead of greeting cards as a mass-produced.
- Choose neutral gift: A voucher for a book or restaurant visit or a ticket for cinema - everyone can choose what he likes.
- Be careful with edibles! Even if the festivities chocolate and Plaetchen are ideal as a gift: Not everyone likes them and not everyone is allowed to eat them.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).