7 Tips: How To Benefit From Negative Comments
When dealing with negative comments and online assessments, one's own attitude is crucial. Because every negative commentary provides a good opportunity to learn from it, by doing so
- Identify weaknesses,
- Make mistakes,
- Improve processes,
- return a hesitant customer,
- negative mouth propaganda,
- Prevent customer losses
- and so finally save your good reputation
Thus negative evaluations have their good. And to help you, I've written these 7 steps for you.
1. Chat in the Cyberspace
Listen first, then talk! This rule applies especially in the social web. This means first of all to listen intensively to the conversations in the Cyberspace and to catch their mood as quickly as possible. Alerts, social media monitoring tools and professional software programs are used to play online mentions, which are related to the chosen search terms.
Everything positive should be encouraged and supported. Any questions from users and especially problematic content must be dealt with quickly and individually. Here, a reaction is expected within one to two hours. And with what you say, you should really go to great lengths, because all conversations are publicly visible on the web.
2. User feedback: Learning in real-time
Analyze all found content exactly. Think about what you can learn from it, and how you can pass it on to the individual touchpoints. Ask yourself:
- What do users say about ours? Company, our products, services and brands exactly?
- How do these statements change over time?
- Are there any gender-specific, age-related, seasonal, regional or national differences?
- What events produce what reactions? And what is the biggest attraction?
- Where is the need for optimization? And how can the clues from the web help us?
- Are there any concrete improvement ideas? And how can they be implemented?
- What can we learn from the way people evaluate our competitors for ourselves?
On this basis, you will be able to provide a clear overview of the most important results. Thank those who praise you. Above all: register with those who had complaints - and get rid of their anger as quickly as possible! Be as individual as possible. Text blocks and 08 / 15 responses are instantly identified as such.
3. Learning by example: Castorama, Darbo and Ulla Popken
If you want to improve something, you should look how others did. 3 examples:
- When Castinama, a French DIY chain, the Duschset Equinox was criticized by many customers, the responsible manager worked with the manufacturer on a new version of the product. This was then sent free of charge to customers, who complained. Most of them responded to this service with a positive assessment of the new product - which in turn had a significant impact on the sales figures.
- The fashion company Ulla Popken found on the web hints about problems with a button on a certain pants model. After a new button was sewn, there were only positive comments.
- When a product of the jam manufacturer Darbo was evaluated negatively on the web, Darbo adapted it according to the suggestions of the users and was then successful: The product improved by the consumers got the award "Best Product of the Year" from cash.at.
4. Install a rating system on your own website
For operators of onlineshops: Install a rating system. Thus, on the website of the computer supplier Dell can evaluate the offered electronics products with stars. Offers that have received only two out of five possible stars fly out of the assortment.
Apart from the learning gain for negative and the increase in sales with positive votes, one still does what for his search engine ranking. Search engines reward precisely what User Generated Content (UGC) offers: up-to-date and uniqueness. Each new experience report ensures that your page is updated in its index.
5. Ask for more!
But Dell has not dismissed it in the pure rating system: In the beginning, the developers were appalled: "If the customer but now badly rated us?" - "Be happy, then you learn something," was the answer. Today, the developers are asked directly by the developers: "You only give the product two stars. Explain why, please. "So the feedback directly reaches the point that concerns it.
To be sure that others see it the same way, critics ask the community, "Someone says that the USB slot on the computer XX is too close to the plug hole? Is that also so important to you? "The answers come plentiful and they help to save a lot of development costs.
6. Make reviews as easy as possible - for more positive opinions
Make it as easy as possible to evaluate each product and service. Place a star system and the link to a text field directly at the product. Give the customer tips for writing a qualified rating. And remind him to give a rating.
This is best done automatically after about two weeks, because then the customer has made first experiences with the ordered thing. A small tip: If you invite your users to give their opinion, then write on the corresponding button "Submit recommendation" instead of "Submit rating now".
The former sounds more positive and should also produce more positive results. In addition, it is advisable to call a hotline to help frustrated customers get rid of their anger, instead of making it public in the course of a review.
7. Preventing negative experiences
Another tip: Negative experience reports can be prevented and positive win by placing the following note:
"Dear customer, we want you to be happy. So if we should have disappointed you in any way, then please tell us right now. We'll take care. And if you were thrilled, please tell the review portals. "
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).