From the author:
Step 1: Where does the resistance come from?
The first step is to find out where your inner pig dog is actually buried. Ask yourself the following questions:
Checklist: Find the pig dog
- What exactly do you like learning or working on?
- What exactly brings your inner pig dog on the plan?
- What exactly triggers your discomfort, your aversion? Is it perhaps the lecturer's lecture style?
- Or in the work the boss's communication strategy?
- Or a very specific colleague?
- Is it the mandatory textbook that you simply can not understand?
- Or are it the practical tasks to be solved in practice?
Step 2: Find creative solutions - you can do that
At some universities, the same lecture is given by different lecturers, in Company Sometimes the boss changes from one year to another. You could use that. Be creative to discover your own personal solution strategy.
Checklist: How to find your solution strategy
- You don't like the textbook, for example? You can get another textbook at any time.
- Have you ever noticed that the same subject may be presented differently by different authors?
- Don't like how your boss deals with projects? Make suggestions on how to do it better.
- Do you know that on the internet, there are many good video onlineCourses (especially if you speak English) on almost every topic?
- Do you know someone who has already solved the same problem? Another colleague in the semester above you maybe.
- Or maybe there is someone around you who can easily do exactly this kind of task, for example programming something or translating something into Spanish? Ask him or her for advice. Find out in the conversation which trick there is to do this kind of activity with playful joy. You are not an early bird and the lecture or job always starts at 8 a.m. Then pick up the fabric yourself later in the day or ask for flextime.
- Do you lack (basic) knowledge for your topic? Appropriate it. In a way that suits you. Certain, limited sub-aspects are often sufficient. Find out what they are.
Step 3: take responsibility
In the course of this cause analysis you notice that it is time to decide that you should develop a solution strategy that is suitable for you personally. That it is time to no longer attribute the cause of this problem to the stupid prof, the impossible timetable, the lousy boss or, or, or.
Even if that may be true, that will not get you anywhere. You need this solution. They already know the reason for this. And even if it does not suit you: Therefore you take responsibility for your progress from now on. You will realize that you are better off doing so.
Step 4: What could make your approach easier?
But you should not only track down your resistances, but also find out what motivates you:
Checklist: Your impulses
- Do you prefer to work or study alone or in a team? It often helps if you tell your ambiguities in detail to someone. How often have I experienced this in consultations at the university: Suddenly the students knew all by themselves what to do next.
- Do you need absolute peace to think about or inspire quiet music in the background? Is it better if you sit still and unmoved?
- Or is it easier for you to think on a gently swinging gymnastics ball? That chewing gum chewing the brain activated has already been scientifically proven.
- Do you need a different work environment? Go with your documents to the kitchen table or to the floor, to your garden vacation or to the university library.
Write down at least three ideas on how to modify and modify your work and learning from now on. Small changes do it as a rule already, whose effect is nevertheless nevertheless perplexing.
Step 5: turn off troublemakers
Switch off faults from the outset. What are the favorite tricks of your inner pig dog? Do not go smoking with your colleague all 30 minutes outside the door this week. Just make the phone sound or turn it off. Banish the TV, do not check mails or WhatsApp messages in the next hour.
Not without reason, there are now even software solutions that for a pre-defined period both the receipt and the sending of eMails block. Other software will shut down your Internet access within a set amount of time, for example for 60 minutes.
Write down in writing the 3 main distraction maneuvers of the inner pig dog and directly on how you will then tackle it.
Text as PDF, book or eCourse on the topic or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save). Or for a little more directly an entire book or eCourse with this text buy, read on.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).