Alternatives to the classic meeting
In addition to the large meetings with several call partners, you can also set up a system for individual discussions with individual employees. This can lead to unprecedented efficiency gains.
This feedback system is used to inform you, to discuss assessments and factual aspects, but also to communicate with your individual employees, through personal aspects such as mood, motivation and mood.
In a four-eye conversation, it is easier for your coworker to address certain points and open up for a different view.
The two-day meetings are also concerned with the reflection on individual questions, the preparation and coordination of interviews in the larger circle and the building of trust.
7 tips for optimal preparation
What else you should consider during the preparation of a meeting, we give you some tips:
- Is the meeting really necessary or are there other options? For example, if you just want to share information, then you can also do one eMail or a Memorandum Writing what is most important is much more economical and saves time.
- Have you invited the right participants, who can give input and can also make decisions? Keep the number of participants generally small. Think carefully about who really needs to be there. You can also take participants to specific agenda items.
- Always prepare meetings carefully. These include the planning of the premises, adequate seating, visualization possibilities, functional technical equipment, a written agenda with the scheduling of the agenda items, the planning of the appointment and the timely invitation of the participants.
- If possible, familiarize yourself with the most important agenda items for the meeting. What is your contribution? Is it about information, problem solving or decision on the individual topics?
- Make it clear to yourself and the participants what your goals are at the meeting, and act in a targeted manner during the meeting.
- Ensure that all participants have their say. How this is done is a question of your leadership style or moderation. It is important that the meeting contribute to an exchange, a discussion or a problem solution.
- As the moderator of the meeting, you are there to ensure that the goal of the meeting does not get out of focus. If you observe posts drifting away from the topic, be polite but alert. Say, "Mr. Meier, what you say is certainly important. Let us, however, return to our core point ... "
7 Tips for the follow-up of the meeting
After the meeting is before the (next) meeting. Therefore, each meeting also includes an equally good follow-up - with minutes, feedback and evaluation. When it comes to reworking your meeting, you'll find 7 tips here.
- Use the possibility of the topic memory. If aspects are mentioned in the discussion which can not be dealt with for time or thematic reasons, then write them visibly on a separate flipchart sheet with the heading "Topic memory".
- Structure individual sections through their summaries and transitions: "We now have, I think, the most important points on the topic ... heard. What follows is the question of how we can handle it ... "
- No meeting without result log. In short, the answer to the questions is who does what with whom and when.
- You can massively reduce the time needed for your meetings by making a meeting of a meeting. For your next meeting, simply take bistros instead of the comfortable conference chairs, and the implementation time will decrease significantly - with the same result quality.
- Provide the opportunity for a feedback system so that you can exchange information with your employees on a regular basis in the four-eye conversation.
- Ask the participants for feedback and explain to them yourself, what could go better next time.
- Create an agenda for the shared meeting.
Rate moderation: Template
If you want to know how the participants rate your presentation, you can send the evaluation for which we provide the template here. Below you will find the resolution.
Feedback and interpretation
If you want to evaluate how the meeting has run under your moderation, the text above will help you. Here is an evaluation:
- 54 to 63 percent: They act very well as a moderator. Stay tuned.
- 41 to 53 percent: They are on the right path, but still show development potential as a moderator. As a first step, work on the aspects of the questionnaire where you have achieved 0 points and improve them.
- 27 to 39 percent: Apply the recommendations in this section to improve your performance as a moderator and attend a training course.
- Up to 26 percent: You should be aware that your performance as a moderator does not meet the requirements. As an immediate measure, you should use the recommendations in this chapter in your daily work. In a second step, find a coach who will help you develop your skills in this area.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).