Like Elton John and Madonna
Nice is one of the big travel discoveries of the year. For me, the city between the Mediterranean and the Alps contrasts opposites like no other - and is therefore also ideal for meetings with sporting activities.
Nice of course has a convention center, the Acropolis with five auditoriums between 250 and 2.500 squares, 50 seminar rooms between 20 and 800 squares 26 000 m2 showrooms. And there are some larger four- or five-star hotels with large capacities. For a city like Nice, that is self-evident and almost superfluous.
5 insider tips not only for business travelers
Much more I would like to tell 5 small insider tips that are not so obvious, but also exciting for business and congress visitors:
- Art and culture in the old town: Right on my list is a stroll through the picturesque, very lively old town, along the 7 kilometer long beach promenade of the Anglais and up to the Burgberg Le Chateau - for Lazy there is a lift - and the view of the beach and harbor to enjoy , If you walk through the city with your eyes open, you can enjoy the typical South-French way of life. Art and culture are omnipresent in this original and always vibrant city. Whoever wants to meet meets a greeter, they are locals, who voluntarily show the tourists the city from their angle of view.
- Good food: Good food is at Chez Acchiardo in the old town. The family-run restaurant offers typical "Cuisine Nissarde" (Provencal cuisine) and is popular with locals and artists alike.
- Small, fine seminar hotel: The Hotel Ellington is a boutique hotel in the center of Nice, although not in the front row, but within walking distance of the sea, the large shops and the convention center. The typical "Maison Niçoise" was first opened in 2007 and impresses with stuccoed ceilings, architectural furniture, magnificent parquet and various art objects. 110 rooms are available, plus a jazzy atmosphere bar, a cozy lounge and a sunny courtyard. Four modulated, air-conditioned rooms are available for events. They are located on the ground floor or the first floor, are lit by natural light and have direct access to the courtyard, which can be used next to the lounge for breaks. Projector, screens and flipchart are available.
- In the morning to the beach, in the afternoon for skiing: Nice is by no means just an excellent convention destination, but at least as good a starting point for activities of all kinds. "In the morning you can lie on the beach and go skiing in the afternoon," it is said, and that's true: from Nice to his Even in winter mild climate is in one hour in the high Alps, where you can at least in the spring and autumn skiing. Even excursions by jeep or rafting are possible here. Of course, Nice also offers the classic water sports: sailing, canoeing, jet skiing or surfing - but also wacky sports such as aquabiking, in which coach Florence Brignol puts her clients on a home trainer in the sea.
- eBike tour to Villa von Elton John: I was thrilled by an eBike tour to the villa-counter Nizzas, which took us to Elton John's property and provided picturesque views of Nice and Villefranche Sur Mer. Vincent Christen, the founder of eBike Riviera Tour, guides the small streets up and down small groups with certain hands. Also a good impression is a boat trip to Villefranche Sur Mer, where Madonna rented a villa for several months. At all, Nice is the ideal starting point for excursions to the surrounding cities such as Cannes, Grass, Monaco and Provence.
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).