Mediaplanes and success control
However, there are many marketing success rules, principles and measures that are commendable and highly impactful for HR communication, recruitment, retention, employer branding, presence and communication.
- Where, when and with what costs and goals do they communicate?
- Also strict success controls of the used media and channels are important, eg how high are the costs per application and where was the return best?
- What does social media really contribute to recruiting success and which channel has the best recruitment rates? This increases the efficiency, the recruiting success and lowers costs.
8 Marketing Tips for HR Managers
- Showing attractive benefits: No uniform job advertisements or career websites - but interesting, clear and attractive highlights of the benefits of jobs, tasks and employer benefits. Particular attention should be paid to the benefits to which target groups, ie which core tasks make a job particularly interesting or which prospects you particularly offer, for example, to the Young Talents target group.
- Define core target groups: Always ask the key question: Where and in which media can I find my target group? Where can the best qualified employees be found in education, educational level, experience, age, mentality - on- or offline or in a network? This also plays an important role in social media - Facebook has other target groups than Xing, which want to be addressed with different content forms and content.
- Emotional Approach: Marketing knows how important it is to address the hearts of the target groups and reach them emotionally. Please also address the feelings of your employees and applicants and do not rely on dry Neumanagement German. Interviews with newcomers or apprentice portraits on Youtube are two examples of how this can be implemented with storytelling. This is particularly important in the case of job advertisements.
- Defining Employee Segments: Always an important factor in marketing: In which subgroups (segments) can target groups be more precisely subdivided? Employees can also be segmented into binding measures or key figures, for example by age, qualification, gender, level of education, career goals, functions, length of stay in the company and more.
- Language and needs: Knowing the language, the world of experience and the needs of the target groups (candidates, employees, potential applicants) means communicating clearly and comprehensibly and knowing their information needs. A forwarding agent has a different background than a research and development manager and should therefore be addressed in a target group-oriented manner, for example, when it comes to personnel development or questions about the 4.0 working environment.
- Fears and inhibitions: Get to know them and break them down. Too many positions in forms, too many questions about privacy, discretion in employee surveys, long online forms, technological platitudes for digitization and more are counterproductive. For example, offer the opportunity for a one-click application. In marketing, one rightly follows the principle of "keep it simple and stupid" very consistently.
- PR for HR: In the public relation they say: “Do good and talk about it”. Self-promotion is legitimate, this also applies to HR: surprise employees with invitations and celebrate successes such as the five-year existence of an HR service, the successful completion of a new work-life balance measure or the achievement of something important for business Aim like reducing fluctuation. Or offer a monthly newsletter with YouTube lectures on leadership topics such as digital leadership. In short: employees should hear from you once or twice a month and see what you contribute as HR to the company's success.
- Use of testimonials: Statements of known persons for credibility, meaning and competence of statements. These can be long-term employees, well-known executives, high-performers with special know-how, renowned clients or scientists. Positive statements from former employees on employer rating platforms or special successes in employee recommendation programs contribute, for example, to employee retention.
More knowledge - PDF download, eCourses or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).