The silent suffering under Chefallüren
The Chef is freaked out again, because the pencil was lying across the desk instead of lengthwise. Or he makes decisions that no one can understand.
Surprisingly many workers suffer in Germany under such bossy attitudes, often quietly and secretly. But many of them also shy away from conflicts: they continue to suffer quietly and secretly, are frustrated, do service according to regulations - right through to inner and outer dismissal.
Why conflicts are unnecessary
But nerve-wracking arguments do not have to be - because with some rhetorical tricks you can lead the boss from below. Cheffing is the name of the method Dr. Cornelia Topf in a series of articles - and she has the talent.
Well, maybe you do not have to go as far as the company in which the employees have long since developed a workaround to pass their indecisive, but despotic boss in important decisions - because otherwise the whole store would have collapsed long ago.
It is about human knowledge
Instead, the cheffing is about human knowledge, honest interest and clever questions.
For example, if the boss says, "And please do that today," then the first impulse to moan aloud and talk against is, according to the motto: "Oh, no, how can I do that?"
10 typical situations for cheking
Most of them know that the boss can not, can not, accept this objection. No, keep calm and lead skilfully. 10 typical situations and how they react best to them.
- The boss stresst: The boss wants you to do something urgently for him? Ask: "Which of the old tasks are less important than the new ones?"
- The boss wants too much: That, and you should do that too? Ask: "What tasks can I put on ice!"
- Always agree first: If the boss wants something: Always agree, acknowledge, go along. For example: "This is an ambitious project. That certainly takes us a long way! "
- To honor the wish of the boss: The boss wants them to do something meaningless? Appreciate the request and then offer another solution: "It would be great if the IT system worked that way. But for your task maybe a little update is better. "
- To understand criticism of the boss as a suggestion: The boss criticizes you gruff? Stay friendly, understand his criticism as a suggestion: "An interesting idea. I do not have a solution for that now, but I'll get together with my colleagues and see if we can do it. "
- Just do not complain! Avoid too much on your own when it comes to arguments. So not: "How should I do that now?"
- Negotiate correctly: This also applies to negotiations with the boss, eg about the salary: Only do not hastily make counter-proposals. Better find out what the boss wants.
- Only no self-sabotage: A frequent rhetorical self-sabotage, to which each boss reacts negatively, are irritating remarks like: "That's not possible!", "That's too expensive!", "Can you offer me no better conditions?"
- Just do not talk dead: Do not try to convince the boss with better arguments. Pressure generates counterpressure!
- Finding similarities: Search specifically for similarities. What is your boss's interest, what does he really want? Come meet him accordingly.
More knowledge - Podcast, PDF download, eCourse or personal advice
Offline download: Download this text as PDF - Read usage rights, Because we do not automatically submit the title of this text for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed. After buying text exclusively Download at this URL (please save).
Listen to Podcast & Download MP3: You can listen to this text for free, as member even without annoying popup, or download the MP3 for a fee - Read usage rights, After the purchase page refresh, then you will find the download link here. Because we do not automatically submit the title of this podcast for privacy reasons: When buying in "interests" the title register if support is needed.
Your eCourse on Demand: Choose your personal eCourse on this or another desired topic, As a PDF download. Up to 30 lessons with each 4 learning task + final lesson. Please enter the title under "interests". Alternatively, we are happy to put together your course for you or offer you a personal regular eMailCourse including supervision and certificate - all further information!
Consultant packages: You want to increase your reach or address applicants as an employer? For these and other topics we offer special Consultant packages (overview) - For example, a personal phone call (price is per hour).